Conference Literature?

Does anyone know if the literature from the conference will be availble to anyone who can’t afford to go (i.e me!!)? There’s a good crowd talk/session that won’t be in the papers journal, so I wonder if I will be able to get any info about it after it happens?

Anyone?

D

i hope there is, i never even knew about this event til yesterday:scream:

if i had known about it a month earlier i would have taken time off from school and gone :smiley:

You can purchase the conference materials about 6 weeks after the SIGGRAPH event through the website.

http://www.siggraph.org/publications/catalog/index.html

“The ACM SIGGRAPH annual conference has a large number of programs, and is documented in several different publications. The Conference Proceedings book contains technical papers and awards. The Electronic Art and Animation Catalog book documents the Art Gallery and Computer Animation Festival programs. In years past, there have been CD-ROM publications accompanying these two print publications, as well as a Course Notes CD-ROM package, as well as a Conference Abstracts and Applications book and CD-ROM, documenting a number of programs at the annual conference. For 2003, we have introduced two new publications: the Full Conference DVD-ROM, which contains electronic documentation of all programs at the annual conference, and the Conference Select CD-ROM, documenting all programs but Papers and Courses.”

t

There’s a good crowd talk/session that won’t be in the papers journal,

You’re referring to the Crowd Tech Course right? For that you’ll have to get the Course CD or the Full Conference DVD. Though they are a bit pricey which is why it’s actually a good deal to go there.

“For that you’ll have to get the Course CD or the Full Conference DVD”

How much do you think that is? If its too pricey, I might see if my boss could buy it!!

Yes they are pricey, a few hundred bucks if I remember right (I get mine on Full Conference so I don’t remember the exact prices).

Weird, they don’t have it posted on the site, usually they have a merchandise section like they used to. Apparently from the ACM store the SIGGRAPH DVD with all conference materials i about $87 (non mebers), so the courses one is cheaper. Unless it refers to the SOMA DVD. I’ll see if I can find last year’s price list.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.