CONCEPT DESIGN THREAD: "Star Wars: Steampunk"

Hahaha Shawshank you’re a genius!

p.s. thanks Mitchelhunt for the compliment.

interesting concept, reminds me of steam boy:D, so here is “steam trooper”
photop shop, 40 min.

Hope I’m not too late!

I call it “Biwing Fighter”

50 min. Photoshop CS
I fitting trial by fire for my Intuos3 6x8

It’s never too late :thumbsup:

Late entry on this one, and WAAAY over time, but I couldn’t resist. About 3hrs 20, total.

God this thread is so cool I am tempted to make it into a sticky.

Guys please do keep posting on it.

-R

heheh, thanks Roberto :slight_smile:

Caveat, excellent!

Caveat - OMG thats amazing

Shawshank - you get the comments award!

great thread

he, he, yeah actually I think my entry sucks and was considering to take it out all together but I cant be bothered. Your yoda is cool, some nice stuff here!

CaveatScoti, WOW!

Boushh - the mysterious bounty hunter.

Like Caveat, I couldn’t stop this sketch… I stopped at 2.5-3 hours… definitely under 3 hours.

Art2, I love your Han and Boba! And specialbrew’s R2-as-boiler is also exceedingly cool. Here’s my steampunk Grand Moff Tarkin:

It took about 45 minutes – you can tell when I started to rush cause his boots are all scribbly. :smiley:

It looks a bit like Peter Cushing, right?..Right?

This thread has really exploded! Awesome work! Special notice to Caveat and Art 2 :slight_smile:

another one, 1hr and ten.

danielh68, that’s a sick sketch, man. Love Jabba as the combination circus-ringmaster/pimp.
How did you do the spirally bits (aka tubes) around his seat? some sort of special brush?

Guys I am going to move this thread to the WIP 2d section, so in effect this will be am OPEN thread as long as you guys want it to be.
-R

So we can post multiple works now?

You always could do that…

Anyway, looking forward to more work.
-R

that’s great Roberto! You might as well get rid of that time limit, heheh… :smiley:

CarlG, good sketch! I had the same idea :slight_smile:

Daniel, awesome! Colors please :smiley:

danielh, thats supersweet.

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

Art2 - thank you, if I find time I will.

carlg - Thanks, as well. That particular brush is found in the PS assortment brushes. It just an overlapping circle. It’s a great brush for discovering forms. If you can’t find it, let me know and I will send it to you.

Ok moved the thread…

Have fun guys!

-R