Compile fStretch 2 for Maya 2016.

And then add “OSMac_” to preprocessor macros.

Successfully compiled fStretch for Maya 2018
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pi_8XruDriXFN_Oq8o6VyjoH7LwHDEfH

Thanks for compiling it for 2018, did you have made some changes to source code?

I took djx sources and tried to recompile it with VS2015. As I mentioned he just added #include <windows.h> in fstretch.h file. There’re some problems with round function so I have to disable it in VS2015 Include folder. I hope it will not raise errors

Update: Compiled fStretch for Maya 2020. The same link

So I remember seeing this thread many years ago and thought that I could help keep the build up to date, but of course got busy and forgot about it entirely. Seeing the thread bumped again, and some other related work that I’m doing, has me thinking that I’d like to clean up the code a bit and get it ready to build against any version of Maya.

What I have now…

1. I grabbed the Windows .zip of the source
  2. Got rid of all the Visual Studio related files.
  3. Added a simple cmake build that works on Windows, OSX and Linux still to test.
  4. Extracted all of the MEL that was in the C++ files and moved them into their own separate files, which should make it easier for people to update.
  5. Started a bit of documentation on how to build it.
  6. Added the Maya 2019 devkit to the actual build tree, which should make it much easier for people who might want to try to update/build it themselves. Will add other versions of the devkit at some point.
  7. Put it all up on GitHub.

Still TODO:

1. Test that it works. I actually don’t even know how to use it :blush: , so even though I’ve got it building I’m not sure if I have it all working correctly. Would like to get this figured out before making any other changes. I also don’t know if there were any real differences between the OSX/Linux downloads of the source vs. Windows. Project files included were different but I don’t know if there were any implementation differences.
  2. OSX and Linux builds. Shouldn’t have any problem getting this going, Windows is just my primary so I started there.
  3. Add other versions of the devkit so the build is easy on any OS and for most versions of Maya.
  4. Take a look at performance. I initially commented out a few things in order to get it all going and the threading might still be part of that.
  5. General code clean-up. Not sure if people will want to keep working on the actual node or not, but thought it might make a nice example for people who are trying to learn this kind of thing so it might make sense to at least clean up a few obvious things.

Something I have not changed or removed is the “donation based” nature of the project. I loved where they went with that, recommending that if you found it useful, and were in a situation where you were able to, then a donation to something like the Red Cross would be appreciated if you wanted to show gratitude, so I left that comment in the main readme file.

Hopefully I’ll get it building on all OS’s soon and then I’ll be interested in hearing from anyone would might have time to test it, but wanted to provide an update here before I forget about it again.

fStretch2020: The restMesh doesn’t have the same vertex number as the original mesh.