Colorize Kelvin-style?


Please see attached image and tell me if this is possible to do in photoshop. The image contains text describing what I mean.


Yes, it’s available here: image > adjust > gradient map.
It’s even available as an adjustment layer so you can set the gradient at any time on top of your original layer.


Omg I feel so stupid, I thought the “gradient map” mearly created a gradient map as opposed to applying the color over an image, and since my test-subject WAS in fact a gradient map I didn’t realize my mistake when I first tried it.



If for some reason you don’t want to use gradient map you can do something similar by other way. You can make two or more solid color layers. In each layer put grayscale gradient as mask and play with levels on masks.


This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.