Colleges? i need a bit of advice.

Im in need of advice, trying to decide which course of action would put me on the best path.

in a nut shell, at the end of highschool i was debating over 2 schools to enroll in an animation course. DigiPen Institute of Technology and Ball State University.
DigiPen is a specialized school with an amazing program for digital art and animation with lots of opportunity benefits, however, it is really expensive.
Ball state is a normal state school with a good animation program for the price, however you do not get the same opportunities for internships and recruitment as digipen offers.

Because ball state was alot more affordable i chose to go there, but now i am having second thoughts. the animation program is only 3 years (starting sophomore) so currently i am mostly taking core classes. im tryin to do as much to self teach myself but im getting a bit discouraged at the moment.

im thinking about transferring to digipen, however, i also do not want to be knee deep in debt after college. there are alot of great artist on here who are doing the things i want to do so i thought it be a great place to ask.

im sorry if this post is too long!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.