Cogswell polytechnical college admission

Hi guys this is my first post in this forum, and I urgently need some advice. I’m an international student studying at Bellevue College.Recently I got accepted into Cogswell Polytechnical College in Sunnyvale, CA with a scholarship of $1,250 per semester. Noted that my tuition including housing is around $11,700 per semester ( w/o scholarship). I applied for spring semester ( which starts in January 2014) but recently, I want to stay in my college to get an associate degree in arts and science (aka General education degree) first, since I only need to take 35 more credits . I know studying animation doesn’t necessarily need a 2-year degree, but I think an associate is a good back-up plan in case I want to change my major. Also, I got accepted to a student society, which is a good chance to find scholarship and networking. Unfortunately, Cogswell college does not let me defer my application ( however the information on Google tells that they do allow deferred application) and their advisor constantly calls to tell me that I would miss an opportunity, and getting an associate degree would only be a waste of time. I got his point, but he didn’t get mine. Noted that as an international student, I NEED degrees, and wasting 1 or 2 more years isn’t much of a bother. Sorry for such a long and confusing post, but I just want to hear what do you think of my situation? Is the advisor is too pushy? Is choosing to stay a good idea?
Here are my Cogswell portfolio. (My skills are self-taught)

](http://s1027.photobucket.com/user/mokonaxxx1994/media/6150dcce-eca1-4b3d-afb8-e3083188fcf6_zps1d52e892.jpg.html)[/IMG]

I’m meeting some technical error with yahoo mail, so i’ll upload the rest later.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.