Clive Barker's Pinhead, Pixelranger (3D), (3D)

Title: Clive Barker’s Pinhead, Pixelranger (3D)
Name:
Software: Lightwave 3D, Photoshop

It’s been a long time since I’ve visited this forum, but now I’m back and will frequent this board alot more often.
I’ll start by posting this: my most recent personal project. Critique and tips on how to get it more Pinhead’ish are most welcome. It’s been several years since I actually saw one of the movies, but I will rent them again so that I have more references to go from.
Sincerely,
André
Here are a couple of images:

and here’s a couple more

Along with a lip sync test .

edit: I also have had some problems with the audio not being synced to the video. One solution might be opening it in the old windows media player instead of wmp9. I don’t know why, but I found that the old one worked better. Or… it might just be that my lip sync really is out of sync :slight_smile:

That is very very nice.

Any chance of seeing the texture?

Very nice work indeed.

EDIT

just watch the lip sync, damn that is nice, i like the way the whole face moves when he talks, and the way those pins move is just perfect.

:applause:

Jesus… This is really impressive. Coming here and seeing stuff like this depresses me. I suck :stuck_out_tongue:

I have nothing to offer in terms of feedback other than "amazing
".

thats amazing! i love hellraiser movies. clive barker is a very good writer. about the renders, superb work. i like the textures and everything.

that is one freaky person. Nice job, however the lyp sync seemed a wee bit ahead of the audio. Might have been my player though.

wow, Very Very nice

Wow… Thanks for the ultra fast replies!

Here’s one without any color maps, so you see the geometry and bump better:

could you also post the textures that you use, im interested as to how they would look.

Amazing model BTW, really great work

:drool: big line off drool from my mouth to the floor

He was modeled with SubD’s and I have 4 UV maps for his head. One for his mouth, one for his eye area, one for his mouth area and another one for his whole head unwrapped in a different way for the square slices. There are also alpha maps for the eye and mouth area, to get a smooth transition between those areas and the surrounding geometry.

Here is his color map with the wireframe on it:

And here’s the bump map for his eye area:

Here’s the bump map for his mouth area:

And last, the bump map for his slices:

Hope they can be of some help. There are a couple more texture maps (specularity maps and additional bump maps) plus I used a couple of procedurals. But these are the essential ones.
All texture maps were hand painted in Photoshop. No photos.
I wasn’t sure how good the leather texture maps would look after I had painted them ( there are two), but when I had done a test render I was positively surprised myself.

WOHA!!! MAN NICE STUFF!!! keep up the good work…:bounce:

man, i really like those bump maps you used. Really nice effect.

Great great piece of work.

Yeah, the leather turned out great…any chance of seeing its maps?

Amazing. Inspiring work!
:eek:

wadadadadadada F@ck :surprised:

excelent work !! 10/10 :drool: :drool: :smiley: :rolleyes: :eek:

your head, except for the pins, is the most realistic head i have ever seen on this forum!!

congrats!!

The lip sync is quite good, but he could be more articulate, I think. Especially the words “legendary” and “hell”. In the sound file, the actor uses a lot of emphasis: you must cherish every nuance and try to reflect them in the animation.

And what happens with his chest? It seems like he has some muscle spasm or something! It´s very distracting and I´m not too sure a human (even with pins through his face) can make that kind of movement.

Keep up the good work,
Gabriel

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :buttrock: :applause:
Awesome texturing works
the model looks like generic head, but your texture bring the model to life :buttrock:

i love it !!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

could sum1 please tell me wat modeling teknique was used?? ok u sed u used sub d’s but what is it that u SUB DIVIDED?