Children's Book Illustrations - 2D / 3D TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL

What could be meaner than burning a little girl’s doll?

Great work everyone so far!!

Kirt,

I have a six pack now from laughing so hard. :scream: Thank you.

Ah, it is good indeed to know that there are others out in there in the digital community with a similarly twisted framework of mind. Rock on, my slightly off-kilter brother! :thumbsup:

BTW:

Desaturated Grandpa Haiku
Like ripples outward
the sky
the lake
Nothingness
A pear
Bears!

paperclip,

At last! She emerges from the shadows! This piece rocks! Oh, I am having a most excellent morning. It is good to wake up to such cool dysfunctional funness! Desaturated Grandpas, Bonfire of the Dolls, oh my!

If you offer them a chance to express dysfunction…they will come… :slight_smile: Thanks for joining the party, paperclip! :slight_smile:

duddlebug,

Indeed it is fun to mess with little kids. J/K :slight_smile:

Excellentage. This is going to be a good couple of weeks.

Kirt ~ I see your Desaturated Grandpa and I raise you er, haven’t thought of it yet.

Ok, bye.

:slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

Hmm. . . now we have two “twisted children’s book illustration” threads. :rolleyes:

Quick sketch… cranky old guy at a restaurant complaing about his soup being cold (when indeed its not)…

• Leo

vegabros,

That is AWESOME!!! Your ability to depict cranky old men ASTOUNDS!!! :slight_smile:

Rockin’.

Ilikesoup,

Indeed. :slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

He came out rather sleepy thank cranky… :confused:

Her0d,

lol!!! His t-shirt KILLS me! I can just picture him saying “Meh…donuts…beer…meh!” :slight_smile: AWESOME!!

Thanks for posting this! :scream:

~Rebeccak

my granny is still wip… but she knows KUNG FU

Thanks for inviting me for the chalenge Rebeccak. This is my first try. Maybe i´ll make another one later, it´s been very fun!

Can we post WIP’s here or just our final entry?

• Leo

Here’s my final entry! I didn’t think this was possible Rebeccak (I kept telling her I didn’t have time)! :smiley: But I did this one in like 5 hours. I used Corel Painter IX trial.

This is a painting of a cranky old man and he hates it when people (especially kids) look at him!

• Leo

I accidentally posted twice… my internet connection has been acting up… you can delete this post if you want.

• Leo

vegabros!

I am cackling incessantly as I write this ~ Rockin’ Piece!!! :scream: Ah…nothing like good humor on an early Sunday morn to waken the senses! Thanks a bunch for posting this! See ~ my diabolical plan is working, and NONE OF YOU WILL BE SPENDING TIME WITH YOUR FAMILIES!!! HA HA HA!!!

:wink:

~Rebeccak

My initial character sketch and coposition sketch. He is the ONE he is the Robot slayer!

Kirt: sweet work:)

Her0d: ha ha seems like an old punk grandpa

Ok, here is a sneak preview of my old woman…her main beef is that she’s got boobages down to her ankles, a nuisance for any old lady who just wants to take a walk without tripping, for crying out loud!

Alrighty, be gentle… :slight_smile:

[left]Enjoy! I think :smiley: [/left]
[left]~Rebeccak[/left]

A woman that thinks her heart is under her left breast…well i guess she would stab herself on her knee if she wants to commit suicide.

ha! ha! ha! ha! ha!

Good point… :slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

Kirt’s so gonna win this, my humble opinion :slight_smile:

what an annoying looking bastard he drew,hehe

yours is pretty cool too, vegabros :thumbsup:

Yeah, Kirt’s entry still gives me a chuckle, even after multiple views! Ah, the magic of cheese…mmm…cheese…:scream:

BTW, feel free to post WIP, it’s pretty darn entertaining that way…:slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

Yeah, great job, Kirt! I think that one’s going to be pretty tough to top! :slight_smile:

Looks like I got here too late: I was all set to post some childrens’ work I’d done, but now everyone has moved on to cranky old men, and my cute childrens pieces are no longer relevant. :sad:
Oh, well, next time the childrens’ art topic comes around, I’ll be ready…! :slight_smile:

-mike