Cheshire Cat, Brian Pember (3D)

Title: Cheshire Cat
Name: Brian Pember
Software: Maya, Photoshop

My take on the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. Didn’t originally intend it to appear so spooky, but I liked the dramatic lighting. I also tried some texturing on the trees, but in the end went for a flat (less realistic) finish. Struggling a bit with balancing the cartoony style with realism.

hehe I like it a lot ^^

I have just one minor crit about shadow areas that could be worked to prevent plastic effect on the materials .
Perhaps some fill lights could help with that, while enhancing the contrast between light and shadows areas.

But again it really is a minor crit .

Good job done :wink:

Great cartoony style, my only recommendation would be to make the smile brighter.

Dig the style.

The flat horizon just bothers the composition a bit. Maybe add some trees and make the horizon more angled or rotate the camera.

All and all a successful image. Good job

Great feedback, thank you. I’m going to do another pass on this and try to incorporate some these suggestions. thanks all.

-b

Bummed that I missed this when you first published it. I know nothing about Maya, but I like this image a lot.

I keep looking at that big yellow dot. Maybe you could move it or scale it down…

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.