Character: Mech Girl ~ (my latest work! ^_^)

wh0000000000t :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

nice concept, will look great when she is finished:thumbsup:

Thnx guys, here’s a smooth shaded OpenGL shot :smiley:

amazing detail man!! Just one thing, the thumb looks a bit weird, maybe the perspective…

I love the red glow in the back. very nice detail also

Wooowww!!!..

Now how in the world hasn’t this pic made the front page…
:eek: :eek:

Those things stiking out of her head look creepy, I love it

Want more!

very good!

me like it lots

/me likes too:bounce:

Thats amazing, the red inner glow totally finishes it.

Woo, that’s hot stuff right there. :love:

Nice balance and great details/design. I agree her ‘hair’ is totally the bomb. Very curious what she would look like fully surfaced, but that presentation is beautiful, and gives it a nice illustration feel. My only real gripe is the way she gets cut off on the very very bottom of the frame.

is there a chance we could see the other side of her?:beer:

great work:applause: ,with a beautiful modeling and nice rendering:buttrock:

Thanks guys!! :beer:

Wow, thanks for all the great feedback and motivation! I’d glad you guys like it! Makes all the late nights worthwhile! :wink: /me hugs Cgtalk

At one point I was thinking that I wasn’t going to be able to get this done… this piece is for a uni assignment for one of our theory subjects… we got an assignment and so I decided that it’d be an excuse to do some 3d stuff! (but I only had two and a half weeks to do it, everything from drawing concepts to modeling, lighting, rendering, doh!)

Originally posted by Thelios
is there a chance we could see the other side of her?:beer:

Due to the time limitations, (hehe I can only skip so many lectures before I get in trouble :p), I’ve only really been modeling the geometry that is visible to the camera / concept sketches. So, I haven’t really been able to work on her other side… but I’d definetely like to get back on that! … at the momment though, the focus was trying to get the still image working and completed! :slight_smile:

[Personally, I think it’s okay to do that, as I’ve noticed that Stahlberg did something similar for his last image, where he setup some scene elements to only work specifically in the final camera angle to save time, and he’s like my hero… so… /me follow in his footsteps ;)]

Here’s a Maya Screenie of the hands:

Hi ceql,

thats a excell work … how did u do the wires conectors to rest
so believable ?

:beer: way to go… way to go…

Originally posted by hypercube
Very curious what she would look like fully surfaced, but that presentation is beautiful, and gives it a nice illustration feel.

hehe thnx! :slight_smile: I did a quick test with the face with just a planar map of a modified photo, and it worked out quite well, but I have little experience with UV mapping atm, and Maya has a few issues with UV maps where when you smooth the mesh, it doesn’t smooth the UV’s and it causes distortions… (but there’s work arounds ;)) I didn’t think I’d have enough time to cover it within the time limit, tho! :stuck_out_tongue: But, one day!!

Face test: :smiley:

Originally posted by Maximus Groff

thats a excell work … how did u do the wires conectors to rest
so believable ?

Heya Maximus, thnx! :smiley: In Maya, you can just draw splines and then turn em into tubes by using ‘extrude’, or it’s easier to just draw the splines and use “create pipe” from the “Goomoo” scripts as it does the extrude for you in a handy interface :wink:

Just amazing! Really, I like it. The style is wunderfull.:applause: :applause: :applause:

i 'll say 5 stars. what do you guys say.:applause: