TRIXTER Munich is currently looking to hire an experienced Character FX TD
Booking time: From As soon As Possible. 3-6 months with option to extend
Location: Munich or Berlin
Under the supervision of the CG Supervisor, the Creature FX TD is responsible for providing a wide variety of dynamic simulations and rigs for photo-realistic creatures; including clothing, fur, hair, muscle and skin.
• Creation of fur, feathers and grooming for photo-realistic creatures
• Develop simulation setups for photo-realistic creatures; including clothing, fur, hair, muscle and skin.
• Involvement in the development of departmental tools and techniques
• Regularly communicating with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
• To be able to work with the visual effects supervisor, and the lead CG artist to determine the best creative approaches and techniques for all the different steps in a 3D production pipeline.
• Be able to deliver work within established project targets and the high quality standards of the company.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a CFX/FX role in a VFX studio
• Previous experience on CG creature projects
• Excellent knowledge of Maya
• Excellent knowledge of Houdini
• Experience in the following dynamic simulation: cloth, hair/fur, feathers, skin and muscle
• Programming experience with Python, PySide, PyQt, VEX
• Programming experience with C++ for Maya and Houdini plug-ins, an asset
• Knowledge of 3D-related mathematics, an asset
• Experience in creating rig simulations
• Rigging skills and experience
• Self-driven, good communicator, and a great-team player
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Work ethic focused on the dynamism and collaboration
• Ability to perform multiple tasks set priorities and problem solving
• Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
• English language skills
If your experience matches above description we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Please send your CV and demo reel by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.