Character: "Commander"

Hi!

I’m currently working on a character to practice on my modeling,
and I probably have to give him a more relaxed facial expression if I’m going to animate him but I’ll leave that for now and worry about that later on :)…

I’m not very happy with his ears so I’m thinking of remodel those also.
Any C&C before I move on to his body (although I started a bit already)?

(his glasses are more like stand-in for now. I just wanted to see how he would look)

thanks for looking

WOW great modeling.
Can i see a wireframe?

wow man thats looking real good so far! I really don’t see anything to Crit, I mean you’re off to a great start. Only thing that seems a bit off but Its not really that noticable are his brows (the muscle). Seems like they are deforming the corner of his eyes a little too much and they might be just a little too big. Great detail in the face and in his clothing. I love the wrinkles on the jacket. Please keep posting Updates, cant wait to see this complete.

looks very commisarr Yarick from Warrhammer 40K, which is good.

Very nice model I like the scar on his cheek, nice touch, no real crit, i think its looking great,

GJ so far. i like your model a lot. keep it up! are you going to enter the new challenge?

wow. allot of details there.

keep it up.

i like it’s personality, and the awsome detail

great model skill~~~~
keep going~~~:)~~~

looks good, are u going to texture it?

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Here is a wire for y’all to critique

I’m just about to move to a different location so I’m sorry if I’m not able to post updates continiously… :frowning:

any thoughts?

cheers!

Nice looking. But that is one helluva lot of faces for just the head and torso :smiley:

Could you show us a view without his glasses on? It’s hard to see the detail with them there.

Awesome! I can’t wait for updates, your mesh seems unneccessarily dense on the bridge of the nose, but I guess that might be unavoidable.

-Kol.

EDIT: you work somewhere? You better have an awesome job with your skill level?

Thanks Kwak…

I’ve looked at your WIP’s before and I’m a huge fan… :slight_smile:
Yea… the mesh is somewhat dense at the moment. I guess I’ll have to to do some cleaning…
This was, however a training session, but thats no reason to do it right! :slight_smile:

Any tips on improvin’ the edgeloops for animation? that would be great! :slight_smile:

thanks

Simply amazing work! I love the level of detail you’ve invested, and I can’t wait to see this guy progress.

yeah I really like your model,
especially the face’s expresion.
really great job, you probably need some improvements and cleaning on the mesh, but it is in the good way !
keep working on it, it is wonderfull

did you used some reference design or any sketch before starting ?

yea… I know about the cleaning… This was all about a modeling session anyways so… :slight_smile:

The mesh looks really awfully, I know… But I’m about to move to a different location/city so I’ll try to fix that as soon as possible… I’m between jobs so if you guys happen to know any, I’m all for it!.. :slight_smile:

You have two different Cgtalk profiles I assume? Pollutedyouth and Skurken?

I don’t think the mesh look awful, in fact it’s pretty clean, just dense. It’s quite a successful modeling session IMO, you could do some very crazy detailed faceshapes with a mesh like that.

glad you like my WIPs.

-kol.

Thanks Kwak… do you feel like entering the new contest?

I’ll have to excuse my friend who logged in at the same time as mine… However I managed to to reply at the right post… He is my my “padowan” nonetheless… :slight_smile:

Skurken,

You mean the new CGchallenge, yeah, I already entered it.

Are you entering?

I won’t be able to work on it for about a month, but I can’t wait.

-Kol.

OMG, i also saw your animation tests… great lipsync and animation VERY BELIEVABLE, (please tell me its mocap, make me feel better).
excellent work.