Character - Batman Beyond

Hey all,
This is my first full figure character that I have made. Done in max6.
I plan to put him in an action scene against Inque… Crashing through a wall or something.

VS.

Any kind of C&C is welcomed.

Things left to do on Batman:
-Wings
-Skinning
-Rigging (which I’m still learning)

For the scene:
-Model Inque
-make entire environment
-Pose characters
-(animate for motion blurr?)
-effects (rocket fire, dust)
-2 weeks rendering :slight_smile: :argh:

Hi Phennim,
I´s nice start and everything seems to look good, but when I saw your pic first time, only reaction was,that he is to thin and muscleless(I don´t know if I can say “muscleless” in english, but you know what I´m talking about…)
Waiting for upgrades…

No offence, but his muscle and body shape seems completwly wrong to me. The legs are too short and muscles are thin. Nice start though, keep it up and keep us posted.

-Antiggo

i feel u carefully need to rework the proportions of the character. find some better reference pictures that should definitely help. it’s a good start though

Thanks for your replies.
I started out using real human references for the body, and I just checked that the proportions of torso/arms/legs are rougly correct. I will increase the width of the shoulders/chest and the muscles in the arms.
This batman version is a teenager and more manga style. He is quite slender in the waist and limbs, which is what I liked about the design.
Looking for good references is quite hard since the series is very dark and the action is fast. Worst of all is that batman is always made up of only red, white and 2 shades of gray :stuck_out_tongue:

p.s. I think I will increase the legs a bit

I think I’ll call it finished. No action scene is coming, still a bit beyond my abilities.

I plan to put him in an action scene against Inque…
:bounce:

I think I’ll call it finished. No action scene is coming, still a bit beyond my abilities.
:surprised

Shame on you !! :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

I didn’t think a smoothed version of him would look good, you pulled it off though i like that. good work.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.