Character: Armored Swordsman


#1

Hey all! This is a character I think I am finished with, but I thought I would go ahead and post it here to see what you all think. I did the model nearly a year ago, and now that I have more free time I thought I would finish him up. His polycount 1962, with a 512x512 Map for the body, and 256x256 for Sword and Sheath. Hope you all like him, C&C are very much appreciated.

UV Maps
Wireframes

-James


#2

looks pretty good. i gotta be honest something about the head looks a little weird but i honestly can’t put my finger on it. the body looks a little stubby too. but it’s really nice in a stylized way. the textures are awesome. good job
-J


#3

I think maybe there’s not enough mass to the top of the head. Tough call really, but you’re right, something seems a little off on it. I like the armor, different from what I normally see for these kinds of characters. 2 fingers was an interesting way to go. Sword doesn’t seem to fit him tho, I think the texture of the blade is a little offputting how is sort of alternates light and dark along it. Good stuff tho! The form of the guy is nice :slight_smile:


#4

i like the armour. i agree with ill_logic and skeen that the head needs a bit more mass on the top.

great stuff though!


#5

I think you can work more on the skin (add some fake specular, more contrasted perhaps)

Btw, like the others, I like a lot the armor :slight_smile:


#6

Interesting… brings to mind of the Final Fantasy Tactic’s figure style.

The forearms seem significantly longer than normal proportions compared to the upper arm.


#7

i think the same applies to the boots as well. There’s a lot of mass in his extreme appendages; this could make his head feel a bit off too.

I somewhat disagree about the armor. I like the concept behind it, but the tex is just a little busy for me. The green folds in his upper leg are everywhere and i can’t seem to find what parts of the armor are pushing and pulling the cloth around.

the pad/sole under his feet is a nice idea, it just may be too large for the shoe. The outline for the shoe also has a bad angle in the rear view (may be unavoidable though with the poly count).

Great job though, with just 2000 polys and 768X768 worth of texture!

keep it up!

bonzo


#8

Thanks for the feedback everyone. You’re suggestions are helping out… I feel I still have some thinks to alter based on some of the things said here… but here is an update to some of the stuff I have fixed.


#9

The skin is looking much richer, nice. Head still bugging me, but I don’t think you changed it. He just looks kind of like a conehead. A very slight one, but…


#10

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.