Charachter: I, Robot

First look at my first charater. Modelling with Wings3d( i love it!:o))

It looks good, I don’t really have any criticism.
I like the floating head.

peace out

Hungarian text:

Hi rode!

Ma ez a 3. magyar kommentem.:slight_smile: Király a robot, kiváncsi leszek a folytatásra. A fejet jol eltaláltad. bye!

It would help you post some concept sketches for the robot, please.

I really like the head. The holes in its head somewhat remind me of this old phone that my parents owned when I was a kid, the phone was the same color and had the same sort of holes. It seems like the kind of robot sony or some other major electronics company would make for mass production.

Originally posted by OC-NightHawk
It would help you post some concept sketches for the robot, please.

The problem is, I have no sketches i’m modelling it on the way, how it comes. I know it’s not the best way…

Originally posted by rode
The problem is, I have no sketches i’m modelling it on the way, how it comes. I know it’s not the best way…

It’s looking good, but the reason I ask is because with robots its hard to tell if the final model is what you had in mind when you modeled it.

I really like the design. It reminds me a bit of a telephone too - it has the look of a household appliance, it would fit right in the kitchen helping out, or maybe a hospital. The lighting is great, what did you render with?

Originally posted by GloriousCow
I really like the design. It reminds me a bit of a telephone too - it has the look of a household appliance, it would fit right in the kitchen helping out, or maybe a hospital. The lighting is great, what did you render with?

3dsmax+Vray
I used a Hdri map for Scenelight.

That’s a really kool robot!
maybe try continuing the holes as rivits thoughout the body
esspecially on the chest plate, and bare areas it might give it some more detail…
other than that he/she’s really kool!

Great work rode.

3ds max and vray are great plug-ins for wings ;0)

First Pose shot.

extremely nice, expecialy the pose

are you going to animate him?

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.