CGTalk Daily Sketch 39 : "The Tower"

Today’s topic:

"T[size=2][size=3]he Tower" [/size]by ZEM[/size]
Posted Tuesday July 13TH 2004: 12:00 US EST

Welcome to the cgtalk sketch group.

We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.

These are the rules:

• Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
  • 640 x 480 or 480 x 640/ 800 X 600 or 600 x 800
  • They can be done on any medium.
  • If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
  • Only original compositions. No “tributes” o plagiarizing.
  • The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
  • The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
  • Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
  • Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
  • The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
    (The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
    *You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
  • Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.

Good luck

-Roberto
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
>>Link<<

this time a quicker one!

20min ps

Nice work Goro i like the way you often manage to get the right mood/scene across with quite minimal paint!

What happened to Sketch 39? Or am I going silly?:stuck_out_tongue:

Well this is a first time for me, tools pretty limited at the mo, so i just used flash to sketch out my idea. Hope that isn’t breaking the rules.

I also have no access to my FTP to upload so it’s an attachment for the mean time.

About 20 mins work

edit…
Just realised i put the sun on the wrong side for the shadow!!! aww well silly me…

edit edit…
Fixed the sun because it bugged me too :smiley:

Nice one goro, I like how the pic suggests so much with so little.

TheFreak: I like it, the sun on the wrong side makes it slightly funny.

Goro: very nice one!

45 mins, photoshop:

drumwhore: kickass picture.
goro: I second supervlieg.

not too much inspiration on the tower.
This might be the last sketch for the upcoming 6 weeks: I’ll be off having holiday this weekend and I’m moving so I might be too busy.

anyway you guys will see me back here for sure :slight_smile:

I went for the interior as this is a spiral staircase if you cant tell haha…just havin some fun…photoshop 30min

The tower

Photoshop/Wacom/1 hour.

I had a hard time coming up with a sketch. But towers and swamps go together pretty well, so there you go.

Garma: Nice one. Dont stay away too long.
Drumwhore: Good colors.
Squee: Again great chaos. How about introducing some colors into it?

Great work to everyone so far. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to participate on this one…

Painter, little over an hour.

I haven’t been able to see any of drumwhores pictures this far, MyIE2 must have a grudge against that domain or something. Judging by your comments, I’m obviously missing something… Anyone else have this problem?

my version, Illustrator 20 minutes.

“The ‘Refurbished’ Tower”

20 mins Painter8/Wacom

well here’s my attempt at these sketches. I’m glad threads like these are availabe it gives me a chance to practice painting skills and my issues with colors. Thanks!

Photoshop 45min

Painter - 30mins

shame shame shame on me… a whole week without participating… ive just been soo very busy… ill get back on the roll once I take my midterms tomorrow.
great job everyone.

Ok Sagi stay where you are right now, the Cgtalk Forum Police is on the way.
It is obvious to the covenant that you need to a reindoctrination.

-R

felt like doing another one, I thought I could do better, talking from a creativ point of view.

Didn’t have much time for this one today so please forgive the blatant using up of the top space. There was going to be a prince riding away after realising the beautiful princess wasn’t what she seemed…but I have a freezer to install!!

1hr - PS + Wacom.

my first post! ps 1 hour wacom. i was at the falls yesterday.