CgTalk Daily Sketch 260 "Spring cleaning time."

“Spring cleaning time.”
by
[b]Yona

and dont forget to provide topics and source images/video for the next: [/b]Matte Wars Forum Topic Suggestions

[b]__________________________________________________ ______
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.

These are the rules:

• Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
  • RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
  • They can be done on any medium.
  • If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
  • Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
  • The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
  • The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
  • Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
  • Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
  • The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
    (The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
    *You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
  • Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.

Good luck

-Roberto[/b]

I really wanna see who’s gonna be drawing for this topic, since it seems we’re all hooked up on the avatar fc at the moment :slight_smile:

So true. :surprised

Edit*
I added a ‘sketch’. Check my attachment.

Okay, I know, that one was lame, only a screenshot. But that is as close as you get to Spring Cleaning here. :smiley:

My first post to this forum. After looking previous daily sketches im almost embaressed to put my sketch here. But i hope i get better in future.

While cleaning, better watch out that those skeletons stay in closet

~20 min / Photoshop

Ok…

Pencil, Intuos II, PS 5. …3 hours :blush:… And yes, I know, it’s lame!
I do need to practice.

edit:
Somebody (offline) already asked me what the hell this means, so - Old Winter is lagging behind cleaning after Autumn and now it’s Spring’s turn to clean and she wants him out of the way. And that’s dandruff-snow falling out of his hair.
Like I said - lame…

edit: picture deleted

There is no god in this closet…

Silverwyvern- Your image reminds me of the movie Constantine I just saw yesterday.

I begun this one in the mornig… and maybe it’s appropriate for the theme of this sketch…

:). Let me know what you think!![](http://www.cgtalk.com/showpost.php?p=1985418&postcount=2384)

OK guys I’ll start to cleanup this mess… :wise:

2h photoshop+wacom

Sylverwyvern: that´s pretty funny… I hope it is not inspired in you own experiences :scream:

and it also reminds me of a sequence of an spanish film “amanece que no es poco” when a cop says: I can´t stand there´s no god! and starts shooting at the sun … so funny in spanish: no aguanto más este sindiós!!!

Xillion, I haven´t been able to see yours cause it keeps loading for ages, so… I´ll tell later

Goro, that kick ass :applause: who´s the one that is flying?

Cheers

Goro: eheheh , I saw it coming! Very funny ‘follow up’!

bealobo: you can see it also clicking on the second entry on my signature if you like ! if not…maybe the site is down…

hehe Thnx!
bealobo that would be you! hehe cause you asked first.

wonderful pic goro!!:thumbsup:

Goro…is that me in the question mark ??

I think Goro got just about everyone there. Cool! :slight_smile:

Ok Goro… then I think I´m flying over the mess :thumbsup: safe in the air yeah!

Xillion, I finally saw it, I like the approach you make to the final image, it´s kind of new for me. It seems very detailed even in the first drawing. I´ve never tried something like that, I usually make the first shapes, lights and details later on.

Still having a bit of trouble figuring out how to post pics on the forums but here goes…

Anywayz… Pencil and Paper Sketch… Scaned into Photoshop CS … Wacom Tablet… mostly Airbrush tool and Eraser Tool… little Burn and Dodge…

Started… 2.15pm… finished… 4.35pm Texas time…

:wavey:

Thanks for letin’ me play…

Actually this is a new approach for me too. This is the first time I try to paint this way. After reading some tutorials (one by Roberto Campus and one by Steven Stahlberg) I decided to use this technique.I tend to loose myself painting directly with colour. This way I can focus more on values and then bring in the colour (painting in color mode with photoshop). I hope it will lead to good results. If anyone here uses this technique I’d gladly hear some hints!!!

if that’s so…I must say I really feel honored that i’m there :bounce:
and being kicked by the Sir himself :bounce:

She’s a beauty Xilion :love: (I couldn’t see the pic before)

I had never seen it done like that - the painting I mean. Got to try it sometime.

norvman - That’s radical, man! :eek: But I think I know what you feel, hehe!!