CgTalk Daily Sketch 2064 NTL "hmm... to much tv"

“hmm… to much tv”
by
Daw

For those who like to keep track of the amount of sketches they have done, dont forget to download you rown DSF scorecard:
(Click the image above for more information)

You have NTL for your sketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
NEW RULE: You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
[ul]
[li]Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.[/li][li]Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.[/li][li]RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600[/li][li]They can be done on any medium.[/li][li]If you wish, you can a dd a brief text description about your piece.[/li][li]Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.[/li][li]You can post an entry at anytime for the topic presented on this thead BEFORE the voting thread for THE WEEK has been posted.[/li][li]The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.[/li][li]Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.[/li][li]The topics will be picked at random from the list on the TOPICS thread >>LINK<<[/li][/ul]

I think worth mentioning that he does not a lot of flies on his hand for some inconspicuous reason; the thing going on on his hand was supposed to be the “white noise” of old tvs when they’re out of tune with a station, but I couldn’t make it much clear in 10m.

Here’s my fat cat and TV head owner watching too much TV:

PS and Tablet

hi…

“hmmm… too much tv”

PS, about 90mn… and forgot the left hand … :stuck_out_tongue:

Great topic
elmo3d - hahhahaha -great Idea…

Heres my attempt - Dint notice time - But I guess it took somewhere around 1.5 hrs

Elmo and Sandsekh: fantastic pieces :slight_smile:
Here’s mine (Photoshop, around 100min, based on a song fragment, quoted below):

[i](...)
   And when they found our shadows
    Grouped around the TV sets
    They  ran down every lead
    They repeated every test
    They checked out all  the data on their lists
    And then the alien anthropologists
    Admitted  they were still perplexed
    But on eliminating every other reason
    For  our sad demise
    They logged the only explanation left
    "This species  has amused itself to death[/i]".
     _____Roger Waters - [i]Amused To Death[/i]

Really nice concept and artwork elmo…

Like sandsekh’s version but am not sure what it is referring too?
Are those guys cat burglars, Ninjas, or ?

Her0d - great idea and artwork. I think this is our future. To be amused to death by our own technology…

Her0d - Great image!

brookselliott - Tried to show, how easy it is to catch someone’s attention on TV by burglars breaking in, and getting engrossed with whats happening on the idiot box - but yeah, somewhere along as I painted, it kinda got lost.:shrug:
My Original sketch also had a dog and a man’s portrait on the wall, also watching the TV.

Here’s another version I had in mind:

Kids are way too connected to TVs

sandsekh - awesome idea man
Her0d - great mood and colors, and sad but so true

1h :arteest:

I havent paint for years! So im trying to be more motivated now :slight_smile:
I had same idea in the beginning than Advarsky so I painted little extra.

pencil - 30 minutes

I will do a digital version when I get a chance.

and it’s absolutely brilliant :applause:
a perfect concept in time as well considering the iPad release

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.