CgTalk Daily Sketch 1950 60mn "Zombieland"

“Zombieland”

based on this film:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cIjPOJdFM

For those who like to keep track of the amount of sketches they have done, dont forget to download you rown DSF scorecard:
(Click the image above for more information)

You have 40mn for your sketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
NEW RULE: You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
[ul]
[li]Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.[/li][li]Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.[/li][li]RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600[/li][li]They can be done on any medium.[/li][li]If you wish, you can a dd a brief text description about your piece.[/li][li]Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.[/li][li]You can post an entry at anytime for the topic presented on this thead BEFORE the voting thread for THE WEEK has been posted.[/li][li]The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.[/li][li]Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.[/li][li]The topics will be picked at random from the list on the TOPICS thread >>LINK<<[/li][/ul]

60 min, not very happy about the outcome.

70 minutes, one of my first posts, i’m probably misunderstanding the rules. my apologies.

40 minutes in photoshop
Amazing movie

My Five AM lab group? Zombie Land? Synonymous. So I drew what most people in my lab look like.
Cs4 in like 45 minutes.

haven’t done anything conceptual in photoshop only for a good while

really sorry for the size, i didn’t noticed till now :confused:

PS, ~70mn, the last 10 was purely correction

PS, ~70min

I’m actually happy how it turned out, but I’m dissapointed, it’s not as realistic as I wanted it to be with texture and all. It just feels incomplete. :confused: Any tips? I will love you fooooorever!

Photoshop 45 min

edited:
Here’s my better version, big thanks to Gungrand for his critique! I love you foooorreeever! :wink: Hehe - Photoshop time unknown… maybe extra 1 hour?

your sharpest lines are on strokes well away from the focus.

sharpen up and clean up the main character/focal point and it will read a lot more 3 dimensional.

PS CS4 50 Mins

This piece was based off of Grant Wood’s classic painting “American Gothic”
Photoshop CS4 about 60mins give or take some mins.
This is one I really want to come back to when I have the spare time.

pencil and paper, 30 minutes

hey Kim, I’m in that lab group … and that looks like me!

Here’s mine, I spent far to long on the BG elements, which meant it ended up taking ages.
Around 140-160 mins in the GIMP.

And here’s a gif showing 60mins, 100mins, Final:

great edit dreammaster. really came a long well!

1 hour
Photoshop CS3
Cintiq

I couldn’t accurately draw Woody Harrelson’s face if my life depended on it…

Attempt #2

1 Hour
Photoshop CS3
Cintiq

fdiskart, i think it’s mostly the eyes and the jaw. sorry, i’m really not good with humans :stuck_out_tongue:

[img]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1254/woodyt.jpg[/img]  [img]http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5126/woodq.jpg[/img]

Thanks Creeto! I usually find a way to cartoon someone, but Woody’s proven my toughest challenge yet!

Usually the key to cartooning is capturing someone’s personality, not so much their looks but expression, then work from there. Woody is my White Whale!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.