CgTalk Daily Sketch 1929 NTL "Disney's Dark Princesses"

Disney’s Dark Princesses"

Imagine you have been tasked by disney to design a secret level for the
Kingdom Hearts video game.link

For inspiration check out the artwork on this thread:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2009/09/17/twisted-princesses-a-darker-take-on-disney/

For those who like to keep track of the amount of sketches they have done, dont forget to download you rown DSF scorecard:
(Click the image above for more information)

You have NTL for your s ketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
NEW RULE: You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
[ul]
[li]Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.[/li][li]Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.[/li][li]RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600[/li][li]They can be done on any medium.[/li][li]If you wish, you can a dd a brief text description about your piece.[/li][li]Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.[/li][li]You can post an entry at anytime for the topic presented on this thead BEFORE the voting thread for THE WEEK has been posted.[/li][li]The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.[/li][li]Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.[/li][li]The topics will be picked at random from the list on the TOPICS thread >>LINK<<[/li][/ul]

Corel Painter 30 minutes
Here’s mine; it’s supposed to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast…not sure how successful I was on achieving her facial features :frowning: O Well.

The Dark Princess
I transformed my “perfect wife” image into a darker version.
10Minutes.

I went with Sleeping Beauty with her eyes permanently closed
20 mins Corel

I don’t like the idea of posting up the same princesses as everyone else so I took another Disney princess that wasn’t on the official Disney Princesses list. The movie is Atlantis: The Lost Empire, with Princess Kida in her “crystal” form or however else you call that part where she becomes the host. I featured the Leviathan in the background for some extra help with contrast.

Photoshop, 1 hour and 15 minutes.

~60 mins. PS:

20mins CP

Poor Prince Eric

Evil Cinderella, Photoshop 40 minutes

ok so this is beauty and the beast on the adult side.
kinda maybe an hour of sketching…i dunno. Photoshop

Hi, I’ve been a long time viewer of the Daily Sketches and of the CGTalk forums but this is my first post and entry. This subject got me excited to draw something and I finally feel comfortable with posting something.

It took me just under 50 mins to do. Photoshop PS3 with a Wacom.

Heartless Snow White
Hand drawn, then colored in Photoshop 3 hours :slight_smile:

I wanted to push this one but tried my best to keep it tasteful in respect to Disney (bows down) and the great artists that have had the great honor of making Disney what it is today.
This is based on Jasmine and Rajah. I will be coming back to this DS and doing it fully with color and attention to detail when time permits.

CS4 ~ 20 minutes (Rough Sketch) / 50 minutes (with clean-up)

took about 30 mins in ps and painter.

Took awhile to find my inspiration for this one, but I think it may be my best piece yet! I hope you all like it!
It took me about 50 minutes in photoshop. :slight_smile:

The swan princess-Dark style!
Cassy Benson
ps 40 mins

I know Lilo isn’t technically a Disney princess. I still loved the movie, so, I wanted to draw Lilo.

I would have liked to work on this more, but my laptop battery is almost dead…

60 minutes photoshop/wacom

55min/ xp-pen tablet/ gimp

I will work on it yet :slight_smile:

about 1 1/2 - 2 hours in photoshop

Through The Looking Glass and Off With Her Head!

bloods ok right? >.>

i guess this is my twisted version of Ariel :arteest:

CP + PS, ~110mn

Very nice! A deviant approach! I like it because it is very creative! Nice work Creeto!