CgTalk Daily Sketch 1852 55mn "Lightning"

“Lighting”
by
Jodi Smith

You have 55mn for your sketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
[color=darkorange]NEW RULE: You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
[ul]
[li]Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.[/li][li]Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.[/li][li]RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600[/li][li]They can be done on any medium.[/li][li]If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.[/li][li]Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.[/li][li]You can post an entry at anytime for the topic presented on this thead BEFORE the voting thread for THE WEEK has been posted.[/li][li]The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.[/li][li]Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.[/li][li]The topics will be picked at random from the list on the TOPICS thread >>LINK<<[/li][/ul][/color]

edit: just want to point out that the thread name is Lighting and NOT Lightning. i hope my sketch isn’t misleading too much

painter + photoshop, ~60mn :shrug:

40 minutes sketch

Damn Creeto. I feel kinda shabby now with my akihabara impression. :wink:

…ups almost forgot: Photoshop 30 Minutes

thanx Hessefort :slight_smile:

hope it’s ok if i point out couple things in your picture. i’d would probably try to use some ROF (rule of thirds) in the pic and i think some soft foggy brush would break up the hardness and deliver a more realistic light blending

nice strong colors :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your advice! :beer:
Please don’t laugh but this is actually the first time I heard of ROF (had to check wikipedia for it) snd sure will try that in the next daily.

first time for everything. i’m glad it was helpful :slight_smile:

i guess i’m feeling especially artistic today so here’s another one

Twisted + Photoshop, ~60mn

Sketchbook pro 10 + 1 hour

painter, 10-15 minutes

Ugh. My internet connection hated me last night. Finally got this to post. First real attempt at an actual painting.

Photoshop - 40 min. “Lighting”

Creeto: Very interesting texture in your second post…
JoKeRman: Funny hypnotic effect, i like it !

Photoshop - 50 minutes

Nice sketches guys! Creeto, great work:thumbsup:.

Here’s my lighting or rather light bathing;)
Took me a little bit more than an hour. PS.

40min cs4

Arek, your link “daily sketches” doesn’t work. It doesn’t show sketches actually. :deal:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.