CgTalk Daily Sketch 1851 45mn "Prime"

Prime

You have 45mn for your sketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
[color=darkorange]NEW RULE: You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
[ul]
[li]Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.[/li][li]Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.[/li][li]RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600[/li][li]They can be done on any medium.[/li][li]If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.[/li][li]Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.[/li][li]You can post an entry at anytime for the topic presented on this thead BEFORE the voting thread for THE WEEK has been posted.[/li][li]The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.[/li][li]Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.[/li][li]The topics will be picked at random from the list on the TOPICS thread >>LINK<<[/li][/ul][/color]

lots and lots of nature now…

i hope someone will understand the message

photoshop, ~50mn :shrug:

That one looks very nice. Has a touch of both realistic and artistic. Also some nice bright colours in it.

Later on I spotted the city. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

i was hoping the city wouldn’t go unnoticed since it’s pretty important for the sketch

glad you liked it. thanx :slight_smile:

Here’s a quicky of mine. Not actually 45m, it’s about 1h to be honest.
This is a quasar - something like a big black hole that consume matter - a lot of matter.

Photoshop 2.5 hr

This is mine. Don’t worry about including it for voting (if the voting is still going on) since this was so late… haha.

Surprised no one else thought of this. Anyhoo, took me … about 60 minutes ish. I forgot to time myself… I am happy with this for a few reasons, but mainly because it is the most dynamic piece I have created, I really dig the pose, except for the legs, they suck… and the head is a bit off. but ya overall I am happy. :slight_smile:

P.S. Sorry about the bad compression. jpg don’t like blue and red. haha

When I first saw this topic I immediately dismissed it thinking that I will never have any idea that can make me create a sketch for this. But today when I was wondering what topic to pick, when I saw the title Prime again, this image came into my mind and I found it interesting enough to spend some time painting it. It took me about 1.5 hours using Photoshop - I couldn’t find a faster way to create so many zeros. Making a brush with a zero worked nicely for the zeros on the background but for those in front I had to duplicate layers. I wish Photoshop allowed painting over multiple layers, so I can paint all zeros at onece but still move them individually as layers.

He’s in the PRIME of his life .

Maybe 30 min in painter I was just messing around

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.