CgTalk Daily Sketch 1815 50 mn "The Expedition"

“The Expedition”

[b]Before you post, Do you have your voluntary DSF SCORECARD?

Click the image to find out more…[/b]

You have 50mn for your sketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
NEW RULE: You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
[ul]
[li]Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.[/li][li]Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.[/li][li]RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600[/li][li]They can be done on any medium.[/li][li]If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.[/li][li]Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.[/li][li]You can post an entry at anytime for the topic presented on this thead BEFORE the voting thread for THE WEEK has been posted.[/li][li]The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.[/li][li]Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.[/li][li]The topics will be picked at random from the list on the TOPICS thread >>LINK<<[/li][/ul]

sorry RobertoOrtiz i didnt get a reply but i hope its ok.

53mins

ref

i know its not very complex for 50mins but everyone has to start somewhere right? :hmm:

Photoshop, over shot it, 62 mins. Ice got me buggered.
-d

Pencil, paper, touched up in ps, around 50 min.

40min
PS/wacom
spent too much time on the detailing and trying to get things “just right”
I need to learn to be looser
perspective is off
all well… its was a learning experience… on to the next
see yall tomorrow

12 minutes, pencil.

Scan sucks. :expressionless:

Photoshop, over 50 minutes.

Very nice ejuliot, like the movement in your drawing

mine …one hour photoshop cs

photoshop, ~30mn

Creeto: I really love your bright mood one… I needed that. :smiley: The textures there are very well done. I should learn how to do that! :wink:

Wexter: Very nice one! This mystic style is my favorite… I have a thing for that! :wink: One question though, what’s that waning moon shape? Is it a gate opening up or? I can’t figure that out lol. Otherwise awesome coloring and idea.

dofrman: Your sense of movement is mad here man! I love it!

FourthirtyFive: He definitely looks tired from all that trip! :wink: Keep on going.

ws6nick: Keep on practicing, just try to put everything in ONE idea, like put one perspective line to help you in syncing all objects. :slight_smile: And yeah keep on practicing it’ll help a lot. :smiley: Keep going!

ejuilot: I love the feeling! :smiley: Good drawing!

dman3d: lol ice is surely hard to nail down, keep on going becuse I love the idea… maybe next time you finally manage to nail it down… who knows.

godslove: nothing is too simple in art… :wink: I really love the colors and all. You did it well. It’s good to practice from references, I admit I dont do that :frowning: i should do that more often.

Heres mine!
Photoshop 50min

DreamMaster: Thanks. Nice color.

thanx for the encouragement DreamMaster…and great piece btw! i like how u expressed the mood and still made it look so easy :thumbsup:

1 Hour 30 Minutes
Photoshop CS3
Cintiq

30 Minute Snapshot (The other 20 minutes were part of blocking out the channels for coloring):

Hey,

That is my wife! She shames me when it comes to drawing.

50 mn, Painter X, Wacom.
I hate drawing mountains. And helicopters.

Great paints everyone! I particularly like yours fdiskart i love the style, and here’s my contribution unfinished.

50min PS

Wow, some excellent pictures here!

Wexter: You rock! your style is so recognizable and strong. It’s always a pleasure!

Creeto: Beautiful concept style sketch…love the glaring brightness, like a thin veil of dust more than haze. Nicely eery!

DreamMaster: That image kinda stops me in my tracks, if I let it work itself into my head. Wonderful color pallet and so moody. It’s almost creepy in some way. Either that or incredibly romantic, I can’t quite make my pick. I suppose I’m supposed to be the car that had to stop… but well, guess I skip telling the obvious, but if anything, it’s worth giving that one a moment to look at!

fdiskart: Class, real class. Love the style, love the sense of substance of the paper and medium. Great style, too… very professional.

Here’s mine… a bit of a different take, I guess… :slight_smile:
(I think 40min, Artrage)

Beautiful Taron333 lol that’s certainly a different take of the expedition for sure. Unique concept for sure. I love your color use and the texture artrage gives in this one. :slight_smile: Aqua/blue color really give it a nice cool touch to the feeling. Thank you for your compliment btw. :slight_smile: I try. :wink:

godslove: No problem :wink: And thank you too.
dforman: Anytime. :slight_smile: And Thanks.

Photoshop CS 50 mn

dreammaster, i like your style. you make it seem so easy. then again, you’re probably saying “it is”…
i was going to copy a photo, but i chickened out and then crapped this one out. photoshop 30 min.