CgTalk Daily Sketch 1751 NTL "The Thing on the Subway" PHOTO EXPERIMENT

HEy guys, we are going to try something different today…

Please modify the photo I have included with this message.

For inspiration check out this first:
http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/20…tebe_interesno/

Before you post, Do you have your voluntary DSF SCORECARD?

Click the image to find out more…

“The Thing on the Stairs” PHOTO EXPERIMENT

You have NTLfor your s ketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
NEW RULE: You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
[ul]
[li]Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.[/li][li]Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.[/li][li]RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600[/li][li]They can be done on any medium.[/li][li]If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.[/li][li]Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.[/li][li]You can post an entry at anytime for the topic presented on this thead BEFORE the voting thread for THE WEEK has been posted.[/li][li]The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.[/li][li]Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.[/li][li]The topics will be picked at random from the list on the TOPICS thread >>LINK<<[/li]

(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming
[/ul]

Gimp 2.6, 30mins

Subway Ninjas

I just put a strange women in the empty seat…
All done with clone tool in 45m…

Artrage
40 Minutes

I like AzoiC’s, particularly the ninja looking over the shoulder, lol.

PS, 30 mins.

About 40 mins. PS CS3

is that thing …dancing disco @@ ??..well as long as hes happy i guess >>

about 45 mins in photoshop

Interesting topic for my first go at this here :slight_smile: 50 mins in Photoshop (and yes, i have no idea how the nature of this image would work on a moving subway train either :smiley: )

Interesting topic for my first go at this here :slight_smile: 50 mins in Photoshop (and yes, i have no idea how the nature of this image would work on a moving subway train either :smiley: )
well idk how moving the train will be if any of the above thingys would have been on it :smiley:

This was fun. I love blobs.

Oh doh, I forgot to keep track of time, but the total estimated time taken to paint is approx. 60 minutes. Photoshop.

I had fun… maybe I overdid it, but hey, I had to be original… I thought it’s a huge irony that by society’s view, meditating or any similar practices are considered unacceptable especially on that train. With that following said, I just wanted to express how society still suppresses one way to other. That’s how it manifested.

Great sketches everyone, and for the first one, I love the dude looking over the shoulder! It’s the best part! :smiley:

You may think I am sick but I have nothing personal against the people in this train, in fact I have my deepest sympathy for them but I can’t help and decided to show you this:).
edit: by the way, my first impression from the photo itself was like “another sh***y day is passing by”

[img]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/okzorg/subwayphoto.jpg[/img]

It took about 50 min but I spent most of the time searching for pigeons and composting them.

I used the clone and repair tool most of the time.
CS4

hi all. nice to see so good images.

here is my contribute, about 25 min in ps

30 mins photoshop

About 90 minutes.

clippy!

yours is just absolutely amazing! The creature itself is adorably otherworldly yet realistic and it really merges with the environment.

Fantastic!

Thank you, Mu, you’re too kind. :love:It was fun though, that’s the main thing! There are so many good entries here for this one, hope they have more photo challenges…

nice entries, love the one with the pigeons.

40 minutes ps

Photoshop 20 min