CgTalk Daily Sketch 1709 35mn "...and he wore Black."

“…and he wore Black.”

Before you post, Do you have your voluntary DSF SCORECARD?

Click the image to find out more…

You have 35mn for your sketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
NEW RULE: You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
[ul]
[li]Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.[/li][li]Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.[/li][li]RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600[/li][li]They can be done on any medium.[/li][li]If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.[/li][li]Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.[/li][li]You can post an entry at anytime for the topic presented on this thead BEFORE the voting thread for THE WEEK has been posted.[/li][li]The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.[/li][li]Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.[/li][li]The topics will be picked at random from the list on the TOPICS thread >>LINK<<[/li]

(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming
[/ul]

40 mins PS wacom

“We’re doing mighty fine I do suppose/In our streak of lightning cars and fancy clothes/But just so we’re reminded of the ones who are held back/Up front there ought to be a man in black.” -Johnny Cash

edit: sorry forget to mention reference used… cheers

SeanC, nice sketch. very bluesy/rocky :thumbsup:

i was way too deep in this one to remember any snapshots. lots of changes too :shrug:

Photoshop, ~110mn

50 minutes in Gimp.

55mn - Photoshop (used references)

~1 Hour and 10 Mins
Photoshop CS3
Wacom Cintiq

35 Minute Snapshot:

Amazingly enough, this actually is 30 mins in photoshop. I made no big mistakes, or at least, I don’t think I did, so I didn’t spend any time fixing stuff… just doing stuff. Maybe I’m getting better, I dunno. XD

Here is my try on wearing black. I try to keep loose, conceptual style. 35-40 minutes in Photoshop.

Regards,

K.Polak

Been a long, long while since I’ve posted in this arena, but I’m trying to sharpen up my talents in a hurry, and this is the place to do it!

Hope ya like:

(about 25 minutes at work lunchbreak)

Wanted to try something different today, so i tried to “speed paint” with oil and acrylic. I missed my undo and color picker shortcuts :stuck_out_tongue: but it was fun.

Around 2h 30m - Acrylics and oil on watercolor paper.
Photo @ 35m

Eh, sorry guys 40 mins, 5 min off the mark, done in PS.
Wanted do draw a devil but that was theme was already taken :slight_smile:

wow Dargon nice one, i like the Kelvin flames :slight_smile:

here is mine about 15 minutes , pscs2

poo poo 45 mins about. Blah still new at this. Based off the Velvet Underground’s “I’m Waiting For the Man”

45mins…ps cs2 n bamboo

good work, everyone.

Photoshop 36 min

corel painter X
45min

PS, 35 mins.

Painter, 35 min

I originally had a solitary penguin in mind, but this mess came out instead.

20 mins.