CgTalk Daily Sketch 1705 55mn "Mars the God of War"

“Mars the God of War”

Before you post, Do you have your voluntary DSF SCORECARD?

Click the image to find out more…

You have 55mn for your sketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
NEW RULE: You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
[ul]
[li]Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.[/li][li]Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.[/li][li]RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600[/li][li]They can be done on any medium.[/li][li]If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.[/li][li]Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.[/li][li]You can post an entry at anytime for the topic presented on this thead BEFORE the voting thread for THE WEEK has been posted.[/li][li]The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.[/li][li]Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.[/li][li]The topics will be picked at random from the list on the TOPICS thread >>LINK<<[/li]

(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming
[/ul]

Hi all!

This is a quite unfinished sketch… but I’m trying to honor the rules of this challenge.
Mainly, I have no clue what he should fight with :stuck_out_tongue: Any ideas? Food? DNA? I just leave it up to you.

I made it in Gimp 2.6 in little bit less than 55 minutes.
This time I tried to focus a bit more on the colors and less on the drawing. Hope you like it :slight_smile:

The Modern Mars (God of War)

45 minutes Photoshop. Getting back into things so i didn’t expect it to be my best…

Receptor, you mentioned you focused more on color, I think foundation is more important for just sketches. practice greyscale and apply color last, heres a tut on this.

Greyscale to color.

Photoshop, 110mn final. + Poser, ~10mn making the reference pose

[img]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3394/marskl0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6204/scorecardhi5.jpg[/img]

60mn shot

Very nice tutorial, tbrosati. I will try that way next time :slight_smile: Thanks!

50 mins, PS.

Photoshop 25 min

hi guys, it’s been a while since my last DSG, here’s what i have:

the first one is at the 55mark. programs used CS2 and painter9.5.

the second is at about 2h.

hope you like,
 best,
 Jan

45 mins.

I did another one with a little more time: 2hrs.

2 Hours
Photoshop CS3
Wacom Cintiq

60 Minute Snapshot:

The Hour Snap Shot

And the final 3 and half hours

Mine kinda turned out a bit chaotic… Oh well.

PS, 55 mins

Mars the God of War. Slightly worn off by now :wink: 50-60 minutes in Photoshop and ffew minutes before b y watercolour.

Regards,

K.Polak

PS CS2 , 55m.
“Yuhuu…I am Mars, the god of war!”
just another try here :slight_smile:

Mars | God of War

~1h. ArtRage 2.5
Was going to make him holding a spear, but thought the protruding arrows had more of a mythological and immortal feel to it.

hmm 'bout 40min… but gotta go to bed now so just posting it now (:
Photoshop cs3

Photoshop, 50min

30 minutes … thumbnail sketch + actual drawing + etc.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.