CgTalk Daily Sketch 1700 NTL "The Thing on the Stairs" PHOTO EXPERIMENT

HEy guys, we are going to try something different today…

Please modify the photo I have included with this message.

For inspiration check out this first:
http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/2009/01/30/photo-manipulations-by-tebe_interesno/

Before you post, Do you have your voluntary DSF SCORECARD?

Click the image to find out more…

“The Thing on the Stairs” PHOTO EXPERIMENT

You have NTLfor your s ketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
NEW RULE: You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
[ul]
[li]Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.[/li][li]Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.[/li][li]RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600[/li][li]They can be done on any medium.[/li][li]If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.[/li][li]Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.[/li][li]You can post an entry at anytime for the topic presented on this thead BEFORE the voting thread for THE WEEK has been posted.[/li][li]The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.[/li][li]Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.[/li][li]The topics will be picked at random from the list on the TOPICS thread >>LINK<<[/li]

(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming
[/ul]

20 mins Photoshop.

haha this was great fun! We must have more of these :smiley:

Photoshop - Forgot to time it, but probably around 1h 30m

Here is mine, uff the shadows where so difficult to emulate, i think there are wrong, but i do what i could. ps about 1 hour.

Photoshop. About an hour.

Here is my try on “Thing on stairs”. Playing with matte painting.

Regards,

K.Polak

1 hr 30mins PS wacom… that was fun, i agree we should do more of these…
could have spent more time matching, but the concept was lost and i was just sketching in the end…

i need to stop using photobucket, i can’t update the DS scorecard, only upload a new one with a new link… what site are you guys using? flickr, something else, or just your own space…

Hi everybody,

here’s my attempt. 1h30 with psd+wacom
ps : amazing job Wexter !! I just love it

Photoshop, 50mn

Crop

hi, I am new to DSF, I thought I´d post mine too, this time;
Photoshop, ZBrush, about 2 h 50 min (I spent on this a little bit more time than I had planned, actually, but simply could not resist …)
a.

weird things are happening there, lately .. :)
   [img]http://www.ahdesign.cz/images/00/DSF/thingy_experiment_by_alenah_1000px.jpg[/img]

so many good entries here - great work people!

a quickie from me PS/wacom 30 min… “the thing”

my tablet is busted. too much drawing…i guess. i’ll get a new one tomorrow or the day after but…

…here’s my little contribution anyway

Photoshop, ~55mn i think

Nice on Sodiaz
Weexter - classic use of the set up man!
Krpolak - those are nice pics you used too
alenah - something about that is well disturbing
daw - ah, interpretation interpretation :wink:
creeto - its really cool how you built that stair up

1hr ps 30mins max:

wip

Around 2 hours… Great stuff guys/gals alenah, wow, looks like they’re right there!

Photoshop 30 min

~2 hours
Photoshop CS2
Wacom Graphire 2 (4x5)

Frio: Awesome entry!
Daw: We had the same idea!

about 1 hour, Painter

Had to try this out. =)

ps - 40-45 min

About 1 hour and 30 mins

very cool topic :thumbsup:
photoshop, about 35 minutes