CgTalk Daily Sketch 1695 50mn "The Ice Storm"

Before you post, Do you have your voluntary DSF SCORECARD?

Click the image to find out more…

“The Ice Storm”

You have 50 MN for your s ketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
NEW RULE: You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
Member SKETCH Collection
[ul]
[li]Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.[/li][li]Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.[/li][li]RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600[/li][li]They can be done on any medium.[/li][li]If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.[/li][li]Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.[/li][li]You can post an entry at anytime for the topic presented on this thead BEFORE the voting thread for THE WEEK has been posted.[/li][li]The artist also has to post total length of time it took and program used.[/li][li]Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.[/li][li]The topics will be picked at random from the list on the TOPICS thread >>LINK<<[/li]

(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming
[/ul]

Photoshop 46 min

photoshop, 50 min, reference used.

Photoshop CS3 ~40min

It’s been ages since I’ve posted, so I thought I’d give this one a shot. I’m hoping to contribute more often. :slight_smile:

45 min in PS

5mins:

90mins ps max:

i drew and i drew and i listened to a radio show at the same time and so i forgot the time…again :rolleyes:

anyways, Photoshop ~90mn

Still new at this. Had a hard time getting the poles straight.:argh: (50 mins)

Congrats to embryotic and creeto - well executed ideas !
rigiclimber: for straight lines, go for a sharp beush and just do quick strokes on your tablet. some strokes may turn out crooked, but you can use transform and straighten them, or you can try again. but great icicles!

hi all, this is what i got up to at about 50mins. i may continue this as a full blown piece.

this idea is that they are being shelled by canisters of nano-blades in a snowstorm

A bundled up wizard summoning a storm of ICE. 45 min. PS

nice one embryotic ,like the scattering ice effect.

creeto your ice is ver nice sketched, like this to

well, mine about 35 minutes pscs2

Thanks Wexter - Your picture sets a good mood with the colours and snow effect
Creeto - Great colour, light and painting technique
gingerbreadman - I think you could add more brightness/darkness to separate your foreground/midground/background - at the moment your brightness is pretty much equal and makes the picture look a bit flat. But your depth of field definetly creates distance :slight_smile:

PS Cs3 50 min

EDIT: face palm
Man, I was surfing around the forum and realized that Okzorg’s sketch for Cold was very similar! Honestly I didn’t see that one before I did my sketch. Next time, I’ll be sure I come up with something different.

I haven’t been on this for two years… I missed this place!

30-40 Minutes Photoshop CS2

60 mins Photoshop. I did have some chili for lunch so probably less than 60 mins.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.