CGS Mentor Introduction: Ian Vicknair - Matte Painter + Director

Hello CG Society, my name is Ian Vicknair, I’m a young matte painter and director. Both these fields are still things I’m learning and still have a lot to learn but am enjoying the journey.

I offer a unique worldview, having spent his childhood abroad in various international schools in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Having implemented this distinct perspective in his work, I’ve has been featured in numerous Photoshop publications, live art exhibitions in the Louvre Museum in Paris, RAW shows, and is a regular contributor to online art groups.

I will be mainly focused on the MattePaint topics and any Photoshop topics that people post on.

You can see my work: http://ianv.co/
Would love to have feedback if you have the time.

Thank you for your time and lets connect :slight_smile:

Hi Ian, awesome to see your work.
I think it’s really cool you have lived in so many schools and have the ability to offer so many perspectives on art from seeing such vastly different environments when growing up.
Glad to have you here :slight_smile:

How’s it Ian! It’s great to see a fellow traveler by childhood. I had to move around a lot as well since my dad was in the US Air Force. The upside like you said is having the ability to experience different places, cultures, and people. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Thanks again for contributing to the CGS Forums!

Thanks for posting!

Thank you, i try to portray my travels in my work. Probably not doing an great job at it but im trying.

Heyo Ian,

So happy that Conrad connected with you for mattepainting.com, you guys are doing great things!

David

Thank you David! im hoping to do more and to really get more into DMP work. Still fairly new to it.

Yo there :slight_smile:

Glad to have you here Ian. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Have you ever worked with Anthony Efekari I don’t know if I’m spelling his last name correctly?
-S

Hey Steve, No I haven’t worked with him… why? Would love to work with him, would be an honor. After I get settled into my apartment and computer bought im getting all his tutorials.