CGS DSF 3606 45 mn "The Red Giant"

“The Red Giant”

Guys don’t forget to post:
END OF THE MONTH GALLERY: May - 2014- Post your Artwork

NOTE: I am re-posting the topics on TWITTER:
https://twitter.com/RobertoOrtiz_CG

You have 45 MN for your your sketch. IF you go beyond the assigned time limit , you have to post

• WHATEVER you have done after the time has expired, along with the FINAL drawing.
  • You may post a drawing at ANY TIME, but if you wish to be eligible for the Sketch of the Week,
    it must be finished at least a week after the topic has been posted.
  • NEW RULE: You may Sketch in ANY MEDIUM, digital or traditional.
  • You may also re-post a copy of your finished drawing a this forum:
    Member SKETCH Collection
  • Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
  • Only final pieces can be posted on the thread.
  • They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
  • RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 1024 x 1024.
    NOTE: The forum WILL RESIZE your image. but you may post a direct link to a high resolution version of your drawing

1h and 1minutes… so I went bit pass the timelimit and I didnt even notice!

Good job with getting a sense of scale across with those fleeing victims, Sazem! Also I really like how monster-like your giant looks, the face has an interesting design.

Made myself stop at the 45 min mark, great prompt though. Hindsight is making me of regret not pushing for three point perspective on this.

Hi guys,
damn, I had another painting pause, but today I found finally a couple of mins to sketch something.
So here is mine orangutan-ish red giant. I was not happy with the cartoonish appearance, so I quit after cca 30 mins.

clockodile - lighting in your sketch is awesome!

nice works guys

i took a different look at the topic

KRITA, ~30mn