CGPortfolio Basic Instructions -- READ THIS FIRST

I just wanted to congratulate on job well done.

Really awesome! Now we can all watch Rebeccak go for groceries! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Ryan

WAAAHAhahahahahahahah :applause: :bounce:

Rebecca,what does the man say…what does he know that we don’t :argh:

What happened …i had a bombardment in my mail from this thread…u woke me up u nuts! :smiley:

Yeah, that did sound a bit weird. :slight_smile: That google earth thing is just awesome, though! Kinda creepy too. Great job guys!

Ryan

Google is most exciting and a bit overwelming…u click someone’s name and u just…fly to his town…love that thinky…I hope u all register in there… :slight_smile:

How do you get the Google URL? I can find my place on Google Earth, but I’m not sure how to get the URL.

Edit: Nevermind, I found the google site for it.

Originally posted by Ryan: Really awesome! Now we can all watch Rebeccak go for groceries! :slight_smile:

ROFLMKAO!!! :scream: I innocently check in on this thread, and what do I see? :curious: :scream: LOL good thing I really live in Mexico! :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Dimi: WAAAHAhahahahahahahah :applause:

Rebecca,what does the man say…what does he know that we don’t :argh:

What happened …i had a bombardment in my mail from this thread…u woke me up u nuts!

LMAO you get woken up by your emails Dimi? Do they yell at you? :scream:

Argh you guys are killing me…:applause:

Cheers, :slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

LOL…actually i have my MAC say in YODA voice …Email U have Masta every time an email comes…so…Yes …i got up …from Yoda screaming "…Mail masta …mail masta …mail masta " :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Actually the admin of CG portfolio explains it somewhere here…that is how i figured it too…do a small search in here…u need those instructions to find us…i think.

Yep, thanks Dimitris. I got a link working :slight_smile:

Just a few opinions on my part:

• Perhaps the portfolio summary could be alot clearer. Maybe the layout could be in a grid-like fashion or maybe the user can expand and minimize sections. At the moment there just seems to be alot of information just thrown down in a linear fasion.

• It would be nice to be able to view people who have added you to their favourites list. Also, not have the option to add yourself to your favourites list

• Maybe another option for the user’s starting page, so that they can customize it a little. It would be great to have gallery thumbnails along with some about information as a start page.

I left the ability to add yourself to your favorites list, because i often do it - it lets you see what other people see when you post.

Personalised startpages have been concidered, and may eventuate.

This is awesome, great work guys, worth much more than the cost of membership.

Just something I noticed then…

When I added a personal website link into my portfolio personal details, it comes up under my username on the forum but has ‘forums.cgsociety.org/’ before the web address, resulting in a bad link.

Is it possible to keep the website link on the forum seperate to the website link on the portfolio? I would prefer to link my portolfio through the forum and then my personal site through the portfolio.

I’ve disabled the 3 character limit, it seems to work ok in the browesers i am able to check it in, if you’ve changed from a 3 character username let me know and i’ll switch it back;

Make sure you put http:// in front of web addresses.

Once we have launched your profile on cgtalk should link straight into your portfolio account

Just checked out the google earth thing. Tres neat. I was a tad disappointed by the lack of Angeleno turnout, but I’m sure that’ll pick up.

Has this been address anywhere? Because Google Earth is not working for me anymore.

yeah, I posted in another thread somewhere the new google earth page is located at http://portfolio.cgsociety.org/google_earth.kml

The old page was dynamic, which was fine whilst we were testing, however, it could have become quite a heavy load on the server with a huge population; The new page will be generated at regular intervals so it may take some time for your entry to show up, but it won’t stress our servers :slight_smile:

This link should actually open automatically in google earth, but don’t quote me on that :slight_smile:

Thank you for this… :thumbsup:

Nice job guys. Much appreciated. A lot of nice ideas in this package. Renewing isn’t such a big question anymore. :thumbsup: