CGChallenge XXVII: TEN Support Forum

can I use free music from the internet giving credit to the author in the individual video contest?
or the author of the music counts as another contestant and therefore I cant use his music unless i enter on the team video contest?

I ask this because I am not a composer, and maybe i will need to use music for my short, thanks

Help Uploading first image to challenge page.

Okay, I need a little help with uploading images. I have joined the challenge and when I go to upload the concept image the pop-up window asks for a file location . When I browse to the image location and hit enter nothing happens. I can upload an image to my challenge thread but not the challenge page. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Once again, I confirm I’m having just the same problem here.

Hi Michele,

We are looking into the issue now. Will be back shortly :slight_smile:

As long as you have permission, and state the fact that you are using it and it’s not your own work, then that is fine. Of course, you will not be eligible for the sound-music prize.

Or, you can enter as a team, and you will be eligible for that prize :slight_smile:

Same as above…

As long as you have permission, and state the fact that you are using it and it’s not your own work, then that is fine. Of course, you will not be eligible for the sound-music prize.

So, you can enter as an individual, but not be eligible for the Sound/Music prize. Or, you can enter as a team, and be eligible. :slight_smile:

O.K let’s do this !:beer:

Thank you for your reply MikeHepburn.
I have changed my mind, I will go for the image instead of the video. But I have already signed up for Video, is there a way to change this to Image?

Daniel

Questions, just to be 100% sure:

1. Is there a limit how big a team can be?
  2. Can all of them be professionals working at the same company? Of course we`re talkin about few individuals wanting to do something togather, not whole company.

So guys what teams are currently open,we should think of what we want for for entering in one of the categories.

Hi.

1. No. Not sure how you will distribute the prizes though :slight_smile:
  2. Yep. Pros, amateurs, everybody is welcome!

Hi,

1. Yes you may.
  2. Yes, however they would have to be credited and classed as team members.
  3. No. If they win, they’ll get the same amount of prizes as a small team.
  4. Yes. Everybody is welcome. It would be really cool to create more in-depth WIPs, so the community can benefit from your techniques, pipelines etc. A big goal of these challenges is for folk to learn from others. :slight_smile:

Hi Daniel,

Currently the only way to do it is by signing in with a new cgtalk account :frowning:

The rules say we can sign up for both the image and video categories. To do both, we have to create a second CGTalk account??

Thank you MikeHepburn,

As AdamTSC is pointing out, the rules clearly says " Individuals may enter both Image and Video categories. " ?

It`s not a problem for me to sign up for a new account, but I find this kind of strange.

Daniel

Yeah, unfortunately. It’s annoying. We are working on the issue, but for now it’s the work around.

Cheers, Mike

Ok I see :slight_smile:
Then there`s a new question, it might already been answered.
If you have joined the challenge as individual video, but decide to have a team instead. Do you then just call it a team video or do you need to create an account for this as well?

Hi
is the mean by video a computer-made graphical video or i can make a real short film including some visual effects or something?

forum back , so cool

big tx ctalk!

that b-movie made a dent in this community man.Can’t wait to see what u come up with .