Camera setting indoor scene

Hi there…

I have a question about how to set up the camera for a indoor scene? Maybe some kind of “best practices” or some tips and tricks.
I have started with a room and used the standard camera settings. This looked more like a box with the camera shining on it…
Then I started to look around an saw some threads which said… adjust the zoom. But how would be a the best way to handle an indoor scene? So that that the viewer gets this feeling he/she is basically inside. Not this feeling from outside …
I hope you know what I mean…
So it would be great if some of you could share some thought or ideas or experiences…

Regards D.

P.S.: I am using LW 8.5

Not to seem snide, but unless you post some kind of screen capture, it’s impossible to tell what you’re asking. Any kind of picture would be helpful.

The lightwave camera will work pretty similar to a real world camera. If you set your scene up to mimic a real world scale it’s easier to get things to look right.

Assuming your scale is set up correctly you might want try:

1. Keep the camera between 4-5 feet off the ground. (Roughly chest to shoulder height of an average person.)

2. Adjust the focal length on your camera to around 35mm.

Thank for the reply…

I try to setup a sample of what I mean… I posted it here:
http://dinesfx.blogspot.com/2007/03/indoor-scene-camera-settings-how.html

because I don’t have enough image space on cgtalk.

But I am still having trouble with camera settings an perspective…
@plotz: I try to have real world settings. but still does not seem right…

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.