Calm, Nikita Veprikov (3D)

Title: Calm
Name: Nikita Veprikov
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay, ZBrush

Hi, guys. It is a personal work which i started long time ago. Maybe about two years. During this period this image call to my mind from time to time. And with a lot of changes from initial concept it is finally done.
Thank you for viewing.

This is absolutely stunning work. Spectacular. I LOVE it, and I am not exaggerating when I say it’s one of the best 3D renders I’ve seen in ages. You’ve perfectly demonstrated that a render doesn’t need to be insanely complex and full of detail in order to be brilliant, because your render is perfect in its execution. The mood you’ve created is superb, and your lighting is perfect for it, with its beautiful dusky palette. But beyond the technical aspects for your image, it’s the abstract nature of your concept that shines strongest, because it’s an image that makes you scratch your head and wonder what inspired it.

Simply wonderful work. It’s stuff like this that makes my day when I come across it on the validation queue. Front page!

Nice work with the lighting. Whats the stuff on his face supposed to be? Wet, then dried sand?

wow stunning! And very interesting piece. If I’m not mistaken the head sculpture is based on A. C Bhaktivedanta the founder of the Hare Krishna Movement. The more I look at this and think about it connotations the more I appreciate this as not only a stunning render but also a thought provoking work of art.

Good lighting. But for me something is missing in this image.

i also like the concept and lighting alot.
but the weathered parts which are fallen off the statue are way to rough modeled (or textured is its a dispmap). the scaling of the destruction does not match the desert sand details. i also miss some additionell weathering effects with some more realistic feel to it, like you can see on the sphinx.

Beautiful image you’ve made there. It’s simplicity makes it very elegant and calming. Congrats !

Very evocative and mysterious image. It reminds me of Shelley’s poem Ozymandias:

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Good Show Mate!:thumbsup:
Reminds me of one of those breathtaking and shocking"reveals" in a classic Alien Sci Fi movie.

Cheers

It’s very very good. I liked the “peeled” parts.
Have you sculpted it all or used some normal or displacement maps?

Hey great job man, this reminds me of the aladdin scene in the beginning where they enter the room full of treasure.

Really great! I’ve tried to make similar artwork over the last few years, unfortunately my attempts were all failures, but you’ve really pulled it off! Bravo!

the lighting really places me into your scene - very nice effect - thanks

Congratulations on this beautiful work! It’s a typical Veprikov - simple, the technical side not insistent as an end in itself, and above all a great picture with content! Superb!

I can feel the calmness - beautiful work, congratulations!

-sabrina

Looks stunning! Excellent piece of art!

You are absolutely right about this render.Wonderful composition.I think this is the insprational starting point of this beatiful piece.( Nemrut )

I definitely agree with praises.
Glad to see you again here, Veprikov.

a peacefull picture, really nice!

Very nicely done! Is that by any chance inspired by “White Sun of the Desert”?