Call for Silo screenshots/projects using Silo

Hey everyone!

The Silo community is important to us, and we would love to feature more community work on our site and in or social media. We’re looking for both your screenshots of Silo in use (with the new interface) as well as cool projects you are working on with Silo (such as outburner’s Moto RKD Dash).

We want to show some nice-looking screenshots, highlight the great work of the Silo community, and feature some of these projects in short write-ups–giving credit/links/etc back.

Please submit any screenshots or info on your projects to silo@nevercenter.com and we will select some for featuring! (We will reach back to you to confirm credit/etc.)

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Do you want JUST current projects or will older ones suffice? I dont show current WIPs since everything I build I sell at Daz3D.com and I dont like to show what Im working on before it hits the store.

I can link you to by best works using Silo which are all available at Daz3D

Ack–sorry we didn’t see your reply sooner!

We’d love to hear about work made in Silo that is both current and past. :slight_smile: For any screenshots we need to have the current UI, but for projects that use Silo we’re happy to hear about past projects, as well. So, yes, please send us those links! (silo@nevercenter.com) They sound great.

Everything on my portfolio is made with silo.
Currently, Im designing a game using the xenko engine and so far the assets made in Silo are handling well with the project so far.

https://www.artstation.com/syrikzero

Damn, I’m really falling behind in reading this forum.

I’ll send some screen caps of some of my projects in the next couple of days.

I’ve started uploading some [older] models to sketchfab. All of them [except the watch] are low poly. All made with Silo of course! They’re no big deal, but If you think some of them could meet your criteria, feel free to use them.

SketchFab

2013, all modeled and unwrapped in silo!

a little low poly baby bike on sketchfab… used Affinity Designer to draw the textures using the cool PSD support and live texture update

sketchfab

VERY nice, Outburner!

I really need to take a look at Affinity Designer. I have been hearing a lot about it.

I have had Affinity Designer and Photo since the beginning but now I use Clip studio almost exclusively you might want to check it out. Both good software.

Hey Richard, thanks man!

Affinity designer has completely replaced Illustrator and Corel Draw from my workflow. I have already done many logos, 20+ flyers, 4 books and a couple of websites with it… it paid for itself many times already (its a one time $50 unlike Adobe). Affinity photo is also more amazing than Photoshop, but since i’ve used PS for 20 years i still need more time to get comfortable with it. Also coming soon is a thing called Affinity Publisher, which will be awesome for DTP.

but now I use Clip studio almost exclusively

$50?.. i’ll check it out, thanks man!!

Hi All,
Here’s a quick preview of a personal project which obviously is a work in progress. It originated as a quick sketch of an idea for a concept car I made several years ago but never got around to modeling it until now. Still have some geometry to fix, some adjustments to make and a bit of detail that still need to be added. The wheels and rims will eventually be replaced, as these are placeholders I used just for having something there as reference. Any thoughts or feedback will be appreciated.

Someone asked me if there were any updates to this. So I’m posting a few more screens. Since this is a personal project I don’t get the chance to put much time to it, but looking to put in additional time to finalize it.

Hey Mike,
looks great, how are you planning to design the back?

Here is a little something i did the other day. Modeled entirely in SILO of course, rendered in Sketchup for the pencil effect and painted in Affinity Photo.

It might sound weird, but i cant get my head around modeling in Sketchup :smiley:

I love and hate modeling in Sketchup. It’s very fast and quite capable but the way it joins geometry if they intersect pisses me off (automatic boolean operations at intersections). You have to modify the object to prevent that which I have always found absurd.

I see many architectural studios using it for their models and renders leading me to believe that it was a drafter with little to no non-archviz modeling experience (meaning they work almost exclusively in a CAD environment) or architects who have used Sketchup to build quick mockups of their projects for fast visualization but have about the same, or less, experience with modeling outside of that.

It’s just to destructive of a design environment for me.

Thanks, outburner. When I created the original sketch I hadn’t considered the back, but when I started to created the outline drawings - for modeling- I came up with one but as I started to model also made some changes so it can reflect the styling of the front more. anyways, will post some sample later do visually show what I’m talking about.

Your floor plan rendering looks great. It’s certainly reminiscent of the drawing style, used in the days before CG , when it was done by hand along with the pastel colors. Cool.

Regarding Sketchup, I had tried it several years ago myself and found I kept coming back to my favorite tools, but I do like some of the features that help when building architectural models. Then again, it makes sense, since it looks like it was intended more for Architects or those in technical fields.