Butterfly Blaze, Neville Dsouza (2D)

Title: Butterfly Blaze
Name: Neville Dsouza
Software: Illustrator, Photoshop

In this piece, i wanted to make an impact with
Mother Nature’s most beautiful gift ; the butterfly.
In order to make it very special and unique, different colours were painted on each wing! combined with a little glitter and subtle line work. To add to the final touch, a strong zoom effect was added to make it more dramatic and further blaze the colours in all its glory!

I love butterflies! This artwork sure makes me love them more. Marvelous color compositions, the brightness that’s gentle to the eye… And those tiny sprakles, wow… just beautiful

4 stars! :applause:

thanx a million my friend! :bounce: :love: very happy u like it! :stuck_out_tongue:

cheers to u! :beer:

god bless!

You’re very welcome Neville, I just don’t know why the stars haven’t appeared yet. :sad:

this butterfly is of an incredible smoothness, if pure and very luminous. the smoothness which takes its take-off! :wink:

Ischwara ~ hehe :stuck_out_tongue: … i think the best stars one can ever receive are the comments that are posted by warm people like u and everybody else :love: :stuck_out_tongue: thanx again my friend! :bounce: take care!

Ishtar ~ thanx a million for ur kind words! :love: means a lot to me! god bless ya as always!
cheers!:beer:

I really like what you have done with the motion blur it really represents life as a motion.
Congratulations!
4 stars.

:buttrock:

Maybe it would look even better if you draw some green grass or leaves in the background.

thanx a lot dude! … hehe … actually i had a similar idea of adding desaturated leaves n all … even twigs n stuff … but since the zoom effect came about … the details of the leaves n twigs will be totally lost … lets c wat happens :stuck_out_tongue: … i’ll surely do smthin different but considering ur idea as well! :stuck_out_tongue:

thanx again my friend! stay tuned for more! :wink:

take care! :stuck_out_tongue:

cheers! :beer:

You can count on it.

Leaves would be visible in the center where zoom / motion blur effect is less visible so you can test it out.
I think it would be much better.

hehe :stuck_out_tongue: yup will surely do! :stuck_out_tongue: sounds really cool indeed! :bounce:

thanx again buddy!

cheers! :beer:

If MSN really had their feelers out searching around, I think they’d be interested in this since they have a multi-colored wing butterfly for their logo.

It reminded me instantly of it, and I was surprised that you hadn’t done this for a contract assignment for them. But good effect though.

Although the effects looks good, the concept doesn’t really strike me as original.

MSN has been using a multi-colored wing butterfly for years.

In fact, 3 of the 4 colors you picked are the same, plus the arrangement of the colors are flipped vertically to theirs.

The only color that is different is instead of blue you used purple.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.