Bloody Rayne Movie

Ben Kingsley will play the vampire Kagan, the evil ruler of an army of bloodsuckers, in an upcoming film adaptation of the videogame Blood Rayne, according to AP.

Set in 18th century Romania, the film chronicles the adventures of the title character, a half-vampire, half-human who has the super strength of a monster but the emotions of a person.

Kristanna Loken, the former model who portrayed the Terminatrix in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, will play the heroine, who must overthrow Kingsley’s character — who is also her father — in order to save the world from the living dead.

The $47 million movie is set to begin filming in Romania later this month, according to videogame publisher Majesco, which released the game. - killermovies.com

I don’t know about this one either. I can certainly think of better things to spend $47 million dollars on.

I don’t know it could be a good movie but most likely they’ll screw it up.

Well I will give’em this, Kristanna Loken would make a really hot Bloodrayne.

Ben Kingsley To Co-Star In BloodRayne Game-Based Movie

Posted by CowboyNeal on Wednesday August 11, @07:58PM
from the silver-screens dept.
vansau writes “Ben Kingsley, the Oscar-winning actor for his role in Gandhi, has signed on to star in the upcoming BloodRayne movie alongside Kristanna Loken (the T-X in Terminator 3.) Kingsley will play Rayne’s (Loken) vampiric father, Kagan.” We’ve previously covered director Uwe Boll’s inspiring words on this movie, and Metafilter has plenty of comments on Boll’s newly released Alone In The Dark trailer.

link to slashdot article

Kingsley To Star In Upcoming BloodRayne Movie

11/08/04

Sir Ben Kingsley has signed on to star as the King Of Vampires in the upcoming film.

Sir Ben Kingsley seems to have a wicked side which he is currently indulging in. Aside from his sinister role in the upcoming "Suspect Zero’, Kingsley has signed on to star in Uwe Boll’s upcoming BloodRayne movie.

The movie, based on Majesco’s BloodRayne video game franchise, also stars Kristanna Loken (the “Terminatrix” in T3) as Rayne, the dhamphir heroine of the series.

The film is set in Romania during the 1700s, where the film will actually begin principal photography later this month. The film tells the story of Rayne, born to a human mother and sired by a vampire father. This unnatural union grants the woman her superhuman strength, but at the same, it also blesses/curses her with human emotions and a more vulnerable side to her personality. Still, she is driven by vengeance to overthrow her vampire father, Kagan, King of the Vampires (Kingsley). Just like most fathers of teenaged girls, Kagan wants nothing to do with his daughter and is intent on curing her of that nasty breathing habit she’s developed. During the film, Rayne is befriended by two vampire hunters, who help her combat Kagan before he leads the vampire populace to (you guessed it) world domination.

BloodRayne is written by Guinevere Turner (American Psycho) and will be directed by Uwe Boll. Boll most recently directed the critically scorned House of the Dead, based on the Sega videogame. His latest project is the upcoming Alone in the Dark, starring Christian Slater, Tara Reid and Stephen Dorff, and based on the Atari survival-horror series. The first film was acquired by Artisan Entertainment; the latter has no domestic distributor as of yet.

Sean Williamsen, the movie’s producer, said, “It is an incredible honor to have an actor of Sir Kingsley’s caliber involved in our film. His talent and strength as an actor will help us create an outstanding cinematic experience.” Kingsley’s more than 75 film and television credits include Schindler’s List, The House of Sand and Fog and The Diary of Anne Frank.

Link to other article @ www.xequted.com

My, my, my…you bested me onlooker with more news on the Bloodrayne move. It appears you will be a worthy advisary in who can bring more info on upcoming movies. It’s ashame I’m going to have to kill you. Mwhahahahaha. No but serious thanks for the more complete info on this one. :thumbsup:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.