Blender Institute crash courses for 3ds Max and C4D artists

Hey everyone,

I’m creating this post to reach out to the wider mograph / cg community about a few courses I’ll be teaching at the Blender Institute.
These are aimed at experienced users of either Cinema 4D or 3ds Max, as a crash course primer for getting into Blender.

As some of you may know the devs over at the Blender Institute are hard at work on a new version that packs a lot of new features, making it interesting for all kinds of users.
I switched over to Blender a number of years ago as a freelancer and have had a blast exploring it and building my pipeline around it. Here’s my work as an example of what I’ve been doing: mantissa.xyz
That being said, I’m not aiming to convert people or anything, but if you’re interested in adding it to your workflow or are looking to switch, these intensive courses are tailored to that.

There’s a maximum class size of 10 people and everything is held over at the new Blender HQ in Amsterdam in the coming months.
Depending on the popularity of the courses, they’re very open to hosting more courses in the future, as well as new ideas for ones that people want to see.
Each crash course is one week, and is designed to cover as much of the relevant Blender pipeline as possible. The C4D users one is aimed a bit more at mograph, and the 3ds Max one is aimed more towards generalists.
I’ve made sure each one has ample time included to answer everyone’s questions so you don’t feel like you’ve missed something when all is said and done.

The cost is 1600 EUR (ex. Tax), which I understand isn’t cheap, but a large chunk of that goes to the Blender Institute itself as development funds.
That means you’ll also get a chance to talk to different developers on location and get a feel for how Blender is being made and who the people are behind it.

I’ve been teaching close to 10 years now on top of working for various studios and artists in a multitude of different sectors, with a general love for the industry and am really excited about getting more professionals in to the ever-growing Blender community.

Here’s the pages for the different courses:
Blender for C4D artists
Blender for 3ds Max artists
I’ll also be keeping an eye on this thread, so if you have any questions or comments, I’d be happy to provide more info and answers.