Blender Demo Reel at Siggragh

Well the Blender community has put in a lot of work recently on the open source Blender project. In this year’s Siggragh event the Blender community put together a demo reel to showcase their efforts thus far. The reel covers a range of talent levels. I just wanted to share this with the greater 3d community. The Blender coders and artist shared in the development of the Blender software equally to bring together much of the works in this demo reel.

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=158&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Awesome!

I was just going through the 2.34 thread in the blender forum and I’m tempted to learn it just for the UV features that are going to be coming out. You guy are doing a seriously awesome job!

I was thinking about posting it myself but you beat me to it :slight_smile:

Although I’ve seen a lot of stuff that’s on there before on the Blender sites there where also several things that where new for me. Especially the chickens are hillarious. Lot’s of great stuff there and a good showcase of what Blender is capable of these days (and that with the nearing release of 2.34 with all the new goodies… nice).

nice stuff in there :smiley:
.andy

Haha! Easy to say when a lot of it was yours. :wink: That does look really (really!) nice. The blender rendering engine has come a long way since the last time I seriously tried to learn Blender. I’ve been messing with the the BF 2.34 prerelease version and I LOVE the ramp shaders. :slight_smile:

You can’t love em’ more than me now. Hehehe.

You are so humble. You got it and you know it and… you show it.

Blend on.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.