blender 2.34 is out

New release is officialy available.

enjoy :

http://www.blender3d.org/

YEE-HAW!!!
First reply! :slight_smile:

SHOOT! I wanted to post this thread well you beat me to it. chears!..

HAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAA!!

Great News !
Blender is getting better and better :thumbsup:

High Five to everyone involved!! (developers and users alike) :thumbsup:

Sweet :twisted:

Btw Hi everyone ! I’m a new blenderhead. I used A:M in the past (still use it now and then) but i guess i will move to another package because of it’s instability ! So be prepared to answer my stupid noob questions with ‘RTFM’ or ‘this is already been answered !’ because A:M users are not used to sooo many buttons :wink: ! Btw, i love the YafRay integration in 2.34 ! Makes me feel like a Mental Ray user :slight_smile: YIPEEE !

Bertha

Don’t forget Blender 2.34 now supports a large number of format import/export:

AC3D, Lightwave, Wings3D, TruSpace and many more!

Hi
I’m really pleased with 2.34 and the large number of formats.

I’ve been trying to import an OBJ file with it’s MTL file.
The OBJ went very well but not the MTL…? Do you know why?

It was a scene with many objets so with different colors. In Blender it came up with just one objet. How can I split them up in order to texture one by one?

Don’t know if it’s very clear…!
Thanks

AFAIK, there is a mtl loader in obj importer. but it works only if the mtl file is defined in the obj file. Not all objs files are ok in this aspect.

Now importers are more designed in the mind of importing models, not really whole scenes. I don’t know but maybe it’s the reason it did not work for you.

importers being python scripts, they can be expanded easily if needed.

Your file was generated with which app ?

I’ve been trying to import an OBJ file with it’s MTL file. The OBJ went very well but not the MTL…? Do you know why?

happens to me also…
I use the original python plug-in in the script window and it seems to work…sometimes I have to use 2.32 with python 2.2.2 and the older script version :hmm: but in the end it works…
or import it in wings and open the wings file in blender
or open the fridge, get a cold beer, take a sip and it usually works (its magic)
wellcome to the blender world of workarounds: should work like that , but…

ahh yeah…cant wait for 2.35 to be released :stuck_out_tongue:

Animation Master. I’ve tried my scene in Vue d’Esprit and Bryce, it works perfectly well with all the different colors.

So I have a bed with different thing on it … do I have to import one by one?

Do I have to restart my all scene in Blender…! I like modeling in Blender, no problem but I thought saving some time by just importing what’s done.

Thanks for helping

hell no. we have to improve the import script. I’m investigating on another issue with the same script.

now to separate your objects, try the following :

• go in edit mode <tab>
  • select all, Pkey “all loose parts”

:eek: Sorry…:thumbsup:

Hi Luke
You just saved my life, it’s great. THANKS.
I’ve got Blender 2.3 Guide but it’s 768 pages so will take some time to know it all.
Have a nice day.

the new blender is out the new blender is out the new blender is out the new blender is out the new blender is out the new blender is out the new blender is out the new blender is out the new blender is out the new blender is out

Hi Jiri and Myself wrote the OBJ i/o, could you please main us your file that didnt work.
and also tell me what app you made it in.

ideasman@linuxmail.org

[QUOTE=ideasman]Hi Jiri and Myself wrote the OBJ i/o, could you please main us your file that didnt work. and also tell me what app you made it in.

Hi
Sorry for the confusion…Your OBJ importer works perfectly well.
The only thing was le MTL file.
You know when you export from any 3D package an OBJ file it came also with an MTL file.
So when you import, in whatever le 3D package, you’re able to see your scene with all the colors or textures. So here… no color or texture at all… just one single color. I don’t think Blender 2.34 or the OBJ importer is reading the MTL file.
Does that make sense?

try this script here
http://bane.servebeer.com/programming/blender/#OBJ

it gives you the import .mtl option

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.