Björk 2, Lee Davies (3D)

Title: Björk 2
Name: Lee Davies
Software: Maya, mental ray, Photoshop, ZBrush
Submitted: 28th January 2009

Not strictly a brand-new piece of work, but a re-hashed version of my previous Björk image, this time in android guise (from Chris Cunningham’s video for All Is Full of Love). -just for fun
Base mesh in Maya, sculpted and textured in zbrush/ zapplink, rendered in Mental Ray, background and post work in Photoshop.

(you can find my original version here: )

http://leemale.cgsociety.org/gallery/632936/

I cannot but do comment to this! super cool!!!
I love this your style Bjork robot. material, mechanics are perfect.
really cool !!! :thumbsup:

great char man :slight_smile: :buttrock:

great work man :buttrock:…would like to see some wireframe
5*

heheh i love it :smiley:

Nice one. I like her 2D ish hair and the style of the whole picture.
Really cool work. Thumbs up!

ohh yes super job

Mariko, Marcin, Oleg, Raphael Toriyama, Thanks guys, much appreciated! Valhauri -here you go:

Nice addition with the orange hair. Really makes the image POP!
Cheers

She’s lookin good! :thumbsup:

That is AWSOME! Bravo!

Absolutely gorgeous!! 5***** :smiley:

Very cool - love the freshness of it :applause:

Yep! Sometimes less is more! This is very cool, stylish and iconic! I would definitely hang this picture onto my wall… in XXL. :applause:

this is looking sweet

regards

Really cute character ; in modeling and attitude. I agree for the addition of the orange hair it gives the little something that makes the robot look different. :cool:

Ey! I didn’t see this beautiful girl before. Good work man! Love facial expression, pose and general composition. World is plenty of characters with 3d brushed wrinkles without any reason. I really apreciate find works like yours.

It’s a cool homage to “all is full of love” for sure! (one of my favorite music videos)

However i think the use of color and tone here is a bit off. I would go for far less color and a much more ‘white’ surface. That would make it way more fitting to the original. It actually took me a moment to associate it with aifol (But thats just me ;))

Just class stuff Lee - modelling, mats, pose - really top notch work man. And the hair is the cherry on top alright, really clever touch!

Phil

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.