Bathroom, Roy Yuan (3D)

Title: Bathroom
Name: Roy Yuan
Software: Maya

This piece entitled “Bathroom”. I hope
you like it. I’m trying to evoke a sense of luxury in this piece. In the creation process of this image I Maya 6.5 for modelling, UV setup, lighting) Rendered in mental ray.I also
used Photoshop for texture creation and post processing.
I try to fix the problems, hope u guys like it. Thanks for all the comments.

Nice modelling and textures are pretty nice. Possibly the reflections are a little high on the cupboards and bath. The colours are great and work together nicely. I think the halo coming from the window? completely ruins this picture. It doesnt look natural at all. I think if you fixed this, this image could look really good! Keep it up!

I agree, it all looks really nice, except the window looks like a floodlight.

all the reflections need to be turned down. It gives it a very CG feel. Also, use mental ray’s ability to blur reflections. that would help too. If you fix these things, it will be an amazing pic

I agree with all up , it is a nice picture with a big blasting lignting window , but I liked the color schems.

The light coming from the window is just too much…reduce that

I have tried to fix the problems and re-posted the pic, hope u guys like it. Thanks for all the precious comments.

I don’t know if it’s the way the light hits it or a problem with the bump map, but on your wall tiles, the grout between the tiles looks to be sticking out from the tiles instead of being lower than the tiles.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.