basketball ball into the net

I am trying to make an animation of basketball going into a hoop. I made a softbodies with spring for the net. But when I drop the ball down, even it effects the net it does go through the net. How do I make it so it isonly stretches the net but doesn’t intersect it.
Thank you!

have U made the net a collision object for the ball?

yes I did. Also I noticed that even though I selected the top row of particles and assign 1 to them in ppgoal, they still move down. How do I lock the top so it doesn’t move at all.
I found some flag tutorials but they never mention anything. They do say to assign 1 to the not moving particles and 0 to the moving part. But in my case the “fixed” particles are still moving

Do U tried to make a Duplicated makeCopySoft with a goalweigth from 0.5,
so that the soft body will return to the original shape after hitting by the Ball?

i tried it yesterday with a simple lofted surface for the net throwing a ball-with conected gravitiy-thru it and it works fine.

can U show a picture of your setup and how detailed your net is?

u can also connect your top row springs to the CV`s of a ring above the net…

HI!

I did figure it out! But i still have a problem with intersections. DO yo know how can I make so the ball doesn’t go through the net geometry? I tried tesselation resolution but still some parts are intersecting.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.