Bad taste in Avatar's

Some of the Avatar’s I have seen here are very offensive, and upsetting. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on this. I think they should be controlled as to what is shown, I do not mean nudity, but rather cruelty to animals. For example on this page you can see an example of it.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=77216

What is your opinion about this?

To each his own.

Some people express themselves in dark ways, and others express themselves with happy fluffy bunnies.

There aren’t any guarentees against being offended in life. It happens:shrug:

-Dave

hey!!:wavey:
avatars that portray cruelty in any way and to anything should all definately be banned…forever.

cheers!!:beer: :applause:

Everyone should have dogs as their avatars.

Stupid dogs.

Or in Tex’s case, stupid dogs that wear spurs and say thing’s like “howdy”.

:stuck_out_tongue:

edit: Mr. ROB_BEDDALL, you sir have completely screwed up continuity here. Please delete your post or replace your avatar with a picture of a canine.

St00pid dogs are kewl!

Especially st00pid dawgs that try and look c0wb0y but end up looking Pimp:cool:

Awww… yeah. Beeatch bettah have my snausages!!:smiley:

-Dave

Originally posted by ROB_BEDDALL
[B]hey!!:wavey:
avatars that portray cruelty in any way and to anything should all definately be banned…forever.

cheers!!:beer: :applause: [/B]

Then yours would be too. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you don’t like them don’t look at them. So tired of hearing about how something is offensive. For god sakes, since when is it a crime to offend someone.

“Hippies piss me off!” ~ Eric Cartman

:surprised

If you have that much of a problem with it, just go to the options in your webbrowser and turn images off. then that way you can selectively choose what you want to see. and btw, you are on the internet, you will be upset, and on the offensive 99% of your time :D, of course here at cgtalk we promote a healthy and professional attitude so you won’t run into it much. You must go looking for these avatars also, because I read that thread initially and i didn’t even notice the avatars until you pointed it out :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the administrators should have a say on this. I don’t really care, or lets say it does not give me nightmares. I am just pointing out, something that disturbed me. There is always two sides to everything. You do not have to confront me personally but rather express your opinion on the subject.

I am pretty darn sure that admins do have a say in this.

However it is probibly not worth there time to review avatars all day long.

They have other things to do then yell at people and possibly ban them due to an offensive avatar.

Man your right, lildragons dragon climbing out of his shell! Man just think of how badly he could get cut on those hard, sharp edges. Plus like other babies just hatching most of them get eaten up right away by predators. Oh the pain, the misery, the cruelty!

Just kidding I know which one you mean and while it may have a real point/story from the person it is rather, ahh, extreme, to say the least.

Originally posted by ROB_BEDDALL
[B]hey!!:wavey:

cheers!!:beer: :applause: [/B]

hillarious

i just want to say I have always loved your avatar, its CLASSIC!

Originally posted by aurora
yada yada… it is rather, ahh, extreme, to say the least.

Is it though ?? I mean really?? I don’t think I’d call it EXTREME!

You may find it gross or nasty, but is it really THAT bad?? Have you ever set a mousetrap or squished a cockroach?

I guess it goes back to the question of WHAT IS OFFENSIVE??

Something that none of us will ever answer

-Dave

I don’t find it that offensive, but then again I have seen some nasty shite so…:shrug:

edit …I don’t mean to sound like an insensitive prick in this post. I don’t go around squishing animals, but it just doesn’t seem all that horrific to me. IMHO of course

Hey Tex3D can you post some of it :slight_smile:

:drool:

:surprised

No

-Dave

You are a very bad person:annoyed:

:eek:

Ohhh !! I am offended.

:rolleyes:

:beer: smartass!! :stuck_out_tongue:

-Dave

• I apologize to any and all asses at any comment made about their intelligence. All references to the intelligence of above said asses is made for entertainment purposes only. Thank You and Have a Nice Day…don’t sue me!

OHHH he did it again.

“Good day sir. I said GOOD DAY!” ~ Willy Wonka

:applause:

I am offended by what Tex has done to his dog!:eek: Thats just cruel!

just kiddin bud:thumbsup:

Can you post pics of that? :eek: