B-Movie Entry: Yuriy Lozitskiy

thank you bstout,

I need more replies like that, I’ll apply it to my work.

Software: Maya,mental ray

working on frames 500-600

Play Video >>

Your animation is working pretty fine to me. You bring life to your character, he might breath and speak. One crit would be about the field of view you choose when you stretch his spine, his backhead is out of field when he pull it backside and it might break motion flow for the viewer.
Very cool entry. Good luck YuriyXXX:thumbsup:

Thank you for your input ChristopheFauconneau, I am making a list of suggestion to look off when I make a third pass of clean up on the character animation.

Working on frames 520-767

Play Video >>

Working on the final shot. Still need to simulate the skeleton collapse down and the egg cracking on the floor.

Next up after that is to work on feet hands and face to finish up the character animation.

Play Video >>

Software: Maya

Finished the animation for now, I will come back and tweek if there will be time left before I set off the renders.

Next step would be lighting and texturing.

Play Video >>

Software: 3ds max,mental ray

This is the finished head diffuse texture.
This sss material is all being driven by a single map, so it is not as fine tuned as it will be in the end when I create separate epidermal, subdermal, bump and spec maps.

Up next is the body textures

I’m really enjoying following your process. Solid work and great insight!

Thank you for the comment

Software: 3ds max,mental ray,Photoshop

Finished all of the maps for tha character, next up is the skeleton, then the kitchen.

Software: 3ds max,mental ray,Photoshop

Final skeleton material.

Software: After Effects,Maya,mental ray

Doing a test on all of the textures and compositing.

let me know what you think

Play Video >>

hey YuriyXXX

Lighting looks very good. You did realy nice work on modeling and uvw in this kitchen , only color missing there :slight_smile: . Shadering seams to be cool but its hard to say when everything blend together and because of antyaliasing. Too much same color everywhere. It would be nice to see rendered frame with higher rednering antyalising quality to see those nice details you did.

At beginnning you posted colors pallete you wish to use, and i sugest to back to your old colors idea.
Play with color and it will be realy cool!

Thank you Staszek for your input.

Next video will have high AA quality so it will be easier to see the detail. I was trying to keep colors very simple and dual monochrome - orange/green, in order to keep the viewer’s eye going where I want it to go. But I still have the option to play with colors in post to see If I like color variety over what I have now.

Software: After Effects,Maya,mental ray,Photoshop

The whole animation was rendered to see how material and lights acted. There was a problem with the egg being spiky, which is fixed now. There is also a problem in the end with cached egg yolk, which I need to look at. I will add FG to the final animation, which will lighten up the shadows a bit.

Play Video >>

Software: 3ds max,After Effects,Maya,mental ray,Photoshop

This is the “Making of Video”

Play Video >>

Here is the final movie.

Play Video >>

This is the final making of video

Play Video >>

This is the trailer

Play Video >>

congrats to you! great movies, well done for all your hardwork!