B-Movie Entry: Wei Hou

Wei Hou is entered in the “B-Movie” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Finished Video: Territory

Based on a Taoist fable, this animation tells the story of the battle for more territories between two countries, all on tiny snail horns. HUGE and TINY are not only visual but psychological effects.

what? finished video… as post 2? … what?

Software: After Effects,BodyPaint,Maya,mental ray,Photoshop

Based on a Taoist fable, this animation tells the story of the battle for more territories between two countries, all on tiny snail horns. HUGE and TINY are not only visual but psychological effects.

“Territory” is my first animation film production, which was my graduation project in Germany in the year 2009.

Play Video >>

Have you missed the point slightly?

even though your work is good, its in no way an entry for this competition surely?

Theres no start to finish setup, its just finish, and as you stated its something you created last year?? Im not sure your allowed to enter something you’ve already created previous.
And finally how is your animation relating to ‘B-Movie’ content??? :wip:

correct me if im wrong?

aside from that, yes the animation/style is quite good, very ‘Tenchu’ like…

Quotes from the “instructions” page

“This challenge will be a WIP (Work in Progress) Challenge to ensure everyone can learn from each other and offer feedback and critiques. Each challenger or team is required to submit Work In Progress (WIP) images.”

“Finally - please remember to add a making of video for the skills awards you wish to be considered for. If you do this the length of the making of video must be less than 90 sec.”

“Entries should be original and should remain unprinted outside of CGSociety prior to the close of the challenge. Any entry deemed by the judges to be identical or substantially similar to any other entry previously entered may be disqualified as a derivate work.”

If it’s a graduation project…

Anyway, it’s a cool video :slight_smile:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.