B-Movie Entry: Tony Stell

Ok. Here’s where I stand:

All of the “raw materials” are complete. I spent the weekend working a punch list, tweaking animation, lighting and re-rendering. (If the Easter Bunny showed up at my place, I missed him.) I also decided to do a 2d animated title sequence I’ll post a roughy of later today. Am I gonna make the deadline? Well, I’ll definately be submitting. Will it be good enough to win? I should atleast get a t-shirt or a coffee mug. Good luck to everyone else, especially those who said nice things about my work.

Lmao, love the commercial! Fisht scene the hero’s are watching…beautiful!

Software: After Effects

Concept for title sequence animation

Play Video >>

Well, here it is. What a ride.

Play Video >>

Here’s the final, finished movie. I used every trick in my book on this so I hope that all enjoy. Thanks for the opportunity.

Play Video >>

And the acting award winner is …

:slight_smile:

Hehe very funny :slight_smile:
Good luck!

Peter

Racing to get a decent “Making of” up by the deadline. Thanks to all who gave me good advice and encouragement.

Beuda, there is no acting award. Are you trying to tell me something?

I’ve successfully uploaded my final trailer and final video. I have yet to uplaod my “making of”. Is this a rule breaker? Am I out of order?

Here’s how i did it.

Play Video >>

I hope to get some time to watch all those gems you have in there. What I saw is hilarious in its special way. Also I wanted to let you know, that as far as I know, your finished video should be the mix of trailer, making of and full movie in one long video file. If you dont have time to do so, upload your full movie or trailer as the last file, so it will get the exposure instead of your making of.

This is my entry for Individual Video. Per Juraj’s advice, I put all of the deliverables into one file. Hope everyone enjoys.

Play Video >>

Anyone who’s done this before, do the judges give feedback, winner or not?

Dvd complete

Very funny and entertaining film.
Very good job.

For the problem with vegas a reinstallation repairs the problem.
My old files stay corrupted but the news work fine.
I don’t know what’s happens.

no, i just want to say , i’m a huge fan of this king of acting ^^

good luck :):beer::buttrock:

Hahaha this is great :smiley: And so long! I’m impressed you managed putting everything together. Also it’s superbrave to use so many elements, using live action footage, rigged and rendered characters and special effects. I really like the end credit animations as well.

Thanks for checking by again :slight_smile:
And thank you very much for your kind words!

Most of what I’m about to say applies only to the challenge environment. Most of what I’ve learned came from the actual process of making my movie. There are, however, some exceptions.

Balance of previz vs gettin’ down to it.
I saw a lot of projects where the planning and previz were exceptional, but the entrants had to compromise their finished product. Though these projects may have been technically superior in many ways to others, the “finished” movie kinda left me flat.

Professional level / talent of other members / entrants
I had NO idea what I was up against. The quality of work of almost everything I’ve seen is inspiring and enviable. I’ve been studying special effects since Star Wars was released in 1977 and digital effects for roughly 10 years via online tutorials and trial and error. I’m still not sure what I am missing, but I don’t know how some of these people do it. Staszek, adelben and Beuda, just to name a few, brought a level of quality to this thing I didn’t know I’d see.

I can’t light a scene to save my life
This comment speaks for itself.

More consideration for those who don’t speak English Well
There were some brilliant entries that seemed to be complicated by the English thing. Kinda gives an advantage to us Yanks and other predominately English speaking types. I understand the reasoning I guess, but still…

I didn’t get as much criticism as I would have liked
As I watched and rewatched and rewatched my peice, I cringed at the obvious faux paus (See comment above) and tried to correct them. I really didn’t get much painfully needed crits or advice, though I saw some good stuff offered to other posts. I guess I’m whining here. Sorry.

Finishing is, well, like finishing (If you know what I mean, wink, wink, nudge, nudge)
I had attempted the Secret Agent challenge. I had some great ideas that I’d still like to finish as a personal project and did a lot of work to that end. The time of year was all wrong, blah, blah, blah, excuses, excuses, and I didn’t even come close to finishing an entry. Knowing that I successfully uploaded a finished product after three months of hard work… I need a cigarette.

This is a great community
I hope to raise my standards to those I’ve seen in this challenge and I am already a better artist because of it. Thanks to all for the kind words, not-so-kind words and opinions not expressed. It’s cool to have 2,384 views when I was making movies that were lucky to see 50. (Staszek’s 20,588 and counting is, I must say, humbling and rightfully so.)

Rock on people and keep doin’ whatcher doin’. We should all get together and make a feature.

Can you imagine?

Lol, this group together making a movie? Wow…
Fabulous contest, lots of wonderful entries…glad Im not a judge!

really great and funny b movie
cool acting :wink:

regards