B-Movie Entry: Staszek Marek

Human miner (low poly)

WIP , version before export to
Zbrush for sculpting details

So I fixed up the english bits for you and they’re below. Tried to use as much of your own words as possible but sometimes I thought it was easier to change it a bit. It was fun, hehe :slight_smile:

intro

In 1974, Poland, coal mines were shut down through out the region of Slask. No reason for the closures was given by the Government and this remained a mystery, until now.

The following account was recorded by some of the few surviving miners of that time, each one certified as insane by the government who denies their version of events.

You might change Slask for Silesia since that seems to be the usual western word for that region.

script thingo

500 meters under ground lie the scream filled mine tunnels. After the removal of a huge piece of granite miners revealed something vastly different than the coal deposit they expected and more terrifying then their worst nightmares. A huge fleshy body, as large as a house, slick and terrifying, it resembled no man or animal. It’s long intestinal body looked to be filed with the bodies of the dead. It was a seething mass of blisters, veins, teeth, tendons and huge eyes. The miners could not believe the sight before their eyes and yet the worst was still to come as the beast wished to make contact with them. Hypnotised in the beginning, the miners willed themselves to run but their curiosity won out. A big mistake as their shift had begun early and their families were not expecting them until the next day.

At dawn, everything seemed to be normal. From a distance the coal mine appeared to be fully operational, the conveyors moving and coal dust pounding from the machines. Yet the events of the previous day had left their mark for, instead of coal, the conveyor was transporting blood. Huge fountains of blood, like a newly discovered oil well in a scene from the wild west. Under the main conveyor blood rained down on the miners who screamed in their madness. The miners were changed, mutated, completely covered by blisters and worst of all they gorged on the flesh of their friends. Of the remaining events there is little record as this is the last scene recalled by the survivors. We can only hope that this terrible thing was destroyed forever.

Human miner 2(low poly)

WIP , version before export to
Zbrush for sculpting details

axiomatic - So much thanks man ! Very nice of you .
Im going to put your name in spetial thanks.

Consider it my way of thanking you for all the inspiration gathered from your work! Now we’re even… :slight_smile:

Great model so far… and the weapon’s awesome too!

Nice… I was born there. :slight_smile: Powodzenia!

Very nice looking models. I like your story as well.

Excellent work
Good luck !

Update! Update! What have you been working on?
Nice meshes. Keep up the good work.

:open_mouth: a lot of work!

Good job!

WIP zbrush sculpting of human miner.

WIP, sculpting in zbrush

weekend ! finaly - speed up :slight_smile:

wow, great modeling and sculpting. wish you best!

nice models! keep it up

I like the updated model. You choose right direction with cloths although this won’t be easy to rig. Do you want to use cloth sim or normal maps?
pzdr
_BB

Software: 3ds max

Basic rigging. Simple animation on Bip Footsteps and layers done realy fast . Models are medium and low poly with skin modifer ( models are imported from zbrush). For cloth objects i added turbosmooth with displace mesh ( above skin)and mesh select and flex modifer. For better look on human body is added turbosmooth and displace too, just for this test. Displace textures was generated after sclupting those models in zbrush. This rigg still is rought and flex esspetially is very seen. However i will use those characters probably only in medium and far range shots with moving camera so maybe there will be no need to work more on this. Will see after animatic :slight_smile:

Play Video >>

thanks all,

fgdf - in general i did low poly to get all work faster. Starting from doing uvw, export to zbrush and rigg. Cloth modifer or any plugin need so much time to set up right… so i decided to do it quicker. those characters probably will not be zoomed ect… so i hope i wont have to back to those riggs :slight_smile:

Nice storyboard sketches! I’ve heard of mines where they hear strange noises so this one really creeps me out. Best of luck in the challenge! :slight_smile: