B-Movie Entry: Gustavo Cosenza Mora

Gustavo Cosenza Mora is entered in the “B-Movie” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Finished Video: VOODOPOLIS

The screen turns on and the brand of the camera appears on screen, REC appears on
the lower right side of the screen.

In the darkness a bright green light appears and we se the city, cardboard people
scream and run away from the flying saucer. We see a stick with a string holding
the UFO, we follow it until we see Emily (17, teenage girl, thin, latina, rocker)
holding this stick, behind her a green light flashes from the window.

We see Tom (16, teenage boy, blue sweater, short hair, filmmaker) holding a
Handycam on a tripod. We see the room and a scale model of a city, made out of
cardboard and plywood.

From the camera point of view, a monster, controled by Emily, walks through the
city destroyin it, cardboard people scream.

Tom hears something outside, looks to the side and sees a glass of water
vibrating .

Tom looks towards Emily, who is at the end of the room, she turns a firelighter
on and lights a small cord, that lights a tennis ball which is heading directly
into the cardboard city.

We see a dim light coming through the window, its intensity is rising as the lit
tennis ball moves towards the city.

From the camera point of view, the lit tennis ball hits the cardboard city,
suddenly everything trembles, the camera falls. We see dust, stone and parts of
the wall falling.

The cloud of dust disipates, we see Emily on the ground, the wall has fallen into
pieces. Tom gazes at a destroyed city, on flames with some UFO’s flying over it,
a monster destroying a building and a meteorite on fire in the middle of the
city.

End

Software: Photoshop

HEres the final colored storyboard.

Software: After Effects,Maya,Photoshop,Wings3D,ZBrush

Here´s a sneak peak of our pre production phase, including storyboard, some illustrations allong with references and some animation tests. Everything compiled into a full 3 minute enjoyable video.
Enjoy.

Play Video >>

I’m liking it. Can’t wait to see the final. :slight_smile:

pg

Software: After Effects,Maya,Photoshop,ZBrush

Here´s a small video of the textured city and the fearsome monster attacking

Play Video >>

I like it, looks like it could be a real cutout. Looks like you have some clipping going on where two meshes are interpenetrating where a fire escape connects to the building. I think you will have a very unique piece if you pull it off in time.

Software: After Effects,Maya,Photoshop,Wings3D,ZBrush

Another video of the work so far, some animation tests and a first idea of the sound. Almost just the last scene to go.

Play Video >>

Software: After Effects,Maya,mental ray,Photoshop,Wings3D,ZBrush

Final Video finally, many nights without sleep but here it is. Enjoy.

Play Video >>

Love the story and concept of your entry. It’s pretty clever twist to the challenge theme. Would love to see better work on the shaders for your main characters, just to underline the believabilty. Good job and Good luck folks :thumbsup:

Por fin encuentro un latino!! jaja, che no pude ver el trailer completo pero lo que ví me pareció muy interesante, la animación tiene mucha gracia, muy buena la verdad, y la idea me parece buenisima, espero que postees un mirror xq hay problemas para ver los videos.

Mucha suerte!

Un abrazo!

Luchiano.

Thanks for the comments, this was our first time on a challenge and i have to say that it was a great experience, we learned a lot, but time was our biggest enemy, but anyways i´m looking foward for the next challenge.

I uploaded the final video and the making of on Vimeo

Enjoy

Final Video http://www.vimeo.com/11179995
MAking of http://www.vimeo.com/11181523

As always coments are welcome

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.