B-Movie Entry: Cyril Corallo

sorry , that was the mono version , i’ll post it in stereo

congrats! its my faver entry :slight_smile:

Sound and music is so cool!

GL!

Software: After Effects,Flash

Here we are at last!

Here is our participation to the contest. We are very happy to have been able to follow our ideas and to have finished the video right on time!
You have to know that all of your comments were a huge and constant motivation source, and we thank you for that.

Synopsis

Nothing could have let suspected that, on this particular night ,every fears had planned to gather. Ladies and gentlemen, protect your childrens and therefor… try to stay alive!.
Because they’re back, back from space! And they didn’t come here as friends. Fifty feet tall mommies coming from outer space invade our towns, bringing destruction and chaos along their way.
Where will you stand?
Will you be one to resist or will you surrender to panic?

About the movie

When we hear " b-movie", every clichés that characterize this kind of films immediately come to mind.
That’s why we chose to interpret the contest’s subject, not by trying to reproduce the fifties’ style, but by looking at it from a different angle. Therefor we gathered in an absurd way some unthinkable clichés (invasion, fifty feet high, flying alien spaceship, mommies, coming from outer space etc…).
We settled the story in our time, and surrounded it with an orchestral music as striking as possible.

I hope you’ll enjoy the work done with the music and sound design, Joe composed, played and recorded all of it by himself.

Good luck to all ! :beer:

[Play Video >>](http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/b-movie/player.php?entry_id=113327)

HD HERE >>

Awesome work, everything is perfect
It may be the coolest entry of the challenge

Bien joué :slight_smile:

Magnificent! well done guys…

Very well done! Congruats on finishing! Best to you all!

This entry really makes me want to see an entire film. It looks stylized and fun. You did a really nice job.

I think your entry would greatly benefit from some simple sound editing:
sound coming from the movie, louder/better car crash sound, better sound for zombie footstomp (sounds like glass breaking right now), laser sound is late in playing (or is that whoosh sound part of the soundtrack?), sound for zombies in field.

You nailed a few of the sounds like the ufo tractor beam. When you have good sounds some of the time and missing/mismatching sounds other times it makes the piece feel like it is a work-in-progress. In that case it would be better to remove sound effects and just have music.

The soundtrack is great and matches the beautiful artwork quite well.

Sorry but we miss a sound track in this video.we are very tired…

so i hope to put the final “teaser-film-making of” video with this final sound and a better mix.

armless> thx, for your coment, please check the final video in 1 or 2 h.
jo is curently making some retake on this and unmute the thunder track we missed

Thx u all :slight_smile:

It is great, my favorite entry.:thumbsup:

edited, sorry

Edited sorry

Software: After Effects,Flash

one more update, same video as befor but less than 50mb and in 4/3 …

and copy past my text here :slight_smile:

Here we are at last!

Here is our participation to the contest. We are very happy to have  been able to follow our ideas and to have  finished the video right on  time!
 You have to know that all of your comments were a huge and constant  motivation source, and we thank you for that.

Synopsis

Nothing could have let suspected that, on this particular night  ,every fears had planned to gather. Ladies and gentlemen, protect your  childrens and therefor... try to stay alive!.
 Because they're back, back from space! And they didn't come here as  friends. Fifty feet tall mommies coming from outer space invade our  towns, bringing destruction and chaos along their way.  
 Where will you stand? 
 Will you be one to resist or will you surrender to panic? 

About the movie

When we hear " b-movie", every clichés that characterize this kind of  films immediately come to mind. 
 That's why we chose to interpret the contest's subject, not by trying  to reproduce the fifties' style, but by looking at it from a different  angle. Therefor we gathered in an absurd way some unthinkable clichés  (invasion, fifty feet high, flying alien spaceship, mommies, coming from  outer space etc..). 
  We settled the story in our time, and surrounded  it with an  orchestral music as striking as possible.

I hope you'll enjoy the work done with the music and sound design,  Joe composed, played and recorded all of it by himself.

Good luck to all ! 

[Play Video >>](http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/b-movie/player.php?entry_id=113344)

Play 720p video here>>

darko> thx you man :slight_smile:
adib> thx you too , best to you too good luck :slight_smile:

duncs>thx :slight_smile:

Staszek and pangloss > your favorite? realy ? thx you so much !

we are very happy to see your feedback :slight_smile:

Very satisfying to watch!
I really enjoyed your “making of” as well. It was a treat to watch.

My only complaint would be that the rules suggest the 30 second trailer is used for initial judging. Your 30 second trailer shows almost none of the beautiful work in your full length version and is more of a teaser than a trailer. This is a small complaint though :slight_smile:

thx :slight_smile:

it’s just because a trailer of the trailer is, mmmmhhh, … a teaser ^^

HI
“teaser” is suggested not obligatory! You don’t need to have it
:beer:
_BB

in addition to this, we had the discussion about the 30seconds must trailer lenght over at FAQ thread (page 10,11). The result is, there are mostly guides not rules related to the lenght specifications and many others specifications. Also, the written stuff is outdated in many ways. This challenge is like living thing.

Anyway, nice entry folks! Maybe the B-grade twist here is a bit controversional, because it looks like great CN show. To me, the spirit of B-grade is also somewhere else, not only in the story elements. I am not refering to bad image quality, noise or whatever disturbing. Just the spirit with less “wow” and more of the “cult”. Good luck, you are masters!

:slight_smile:
thx , and i understand what you say. it’s just a different point of view :slight_smile:

nice job here :slight_smile:
best entry for my myself

thx again digi ,and i i still think i know you …